Author Topic: I finally received my FPV gear  (Read 149 times)

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
I finally received my FPV gear
« on: February 28, 2018, 07:25:57 AM »
 :t2980: I finally received my Quanum FPV Bundle Set with 600TVL Camera, 600mW Transmitter, and 40CH Diversity Receiver yesterday from China. I also upgraded the antennas to the ImmersionRC 5.8GHz Circular Polarized SpiroNet Antenna V2. I do have one concern about the transmitter that is it gets very hot it goes from 73F room tenp to 172 F in about 5 min. I don't have it installed on my plane/quad yet so there's no air going across it to cool it. I will have questions on installing it on my plane/quad when the time comes the FPV mount for the plane is a JOKE.

Jeff  :coolguy:

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
Re: I finally received my FPV gear
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 09:47:51 AM »
The video transmitters do get hot. That's kinda normal. It's best to not leave them on for longer than you have to if you're not flying. Okay for testing on the bench and such and it shouldn't be a problem. I'm just always mindful of it and try to limit the time they are turned on when on the bench. My feeling is heat is never a good thing.

Also, DO NOT power them up without the antenna on. You will burn the VTX.

Some of the newer ones have eliminated this issue but I am not sure if your VTX has this feature. It would be a prominent note in the description if it were a feature.

Have you tested the video yet?

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
Re: I finally received my FPV gear
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 11:31:15 AM »
Hey Randy

in the description, it say's it has a ceramic heat sink  :b0201: it went from 72 F to over 275 F in around 2 min  :b0703: I did get everything put together and tried it out the video was nice and clear. I haven't mounted it on anything yet. I want to put it on my Tundra plane but I need to figure out the best way to do it the FPV mount that came with it is a joke. I'll ask questions and post pictures of everything sometime this week.