Author Topic: Been away for a while.  (Read 240 times)

Offline Ceolwulf

• Helicopter Pilot
  • Awards: Multi BuilderMulti PilotPlanker PilotHeli PilotGround PounderKK2 FCHelicopter GoldRC Addict
Been away for a while.
« on: April 15, 2018, 10:02:06 AM »
Been away for a while just got involved in a new hobby 3d printing after my back surgery a couple of years ago.  Now I am combining my love with rc and 3d printing.   Currently working on a radio control 3d printed 1:1 scale bb8.  Its been a learning experience when it comes to printing so many variables to consider and so much can go wrong.  Also going to print a 3d plane out someday have seen some really nice ones out there.

RC  Addict at his best

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
Re: Been away for a while.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 10:04:43 AM »
Judging from your posts, I kinda figured this out

:face-slap: :face-slap: :b0201: :b0201: :b0201:

I luv 3D printing but haven't the cash or justification right now to support the purchase -- but I'm working on it.

Thanks a lot for your input on this subject. Really needed here.

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 01:35:57 PM »
Hi Ceolwulf
glad to see you back  :t2030: I too just got into 3D printing just built the Anet A8 printer. I haven't printed anything yet still upgrading a few things on it, I'm in the process of changing out the metal bearings to the Polymer bearings. If you have any tips/tricks for printing please post them when you have time.

Thanks, Jeff  :coolguy:

Offline Ceolwulf

• Helicopter Pilot
  • Awards: Multi BuilderMulti PilotPlanker PilotHeli PilotGround PounderKK2 FCHelicopter GoldRC Addict
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 01:35:26 PM »
Look at my other post  about starting 3d printing  alot of useful info with links there.  I would start to print with pla first before any other plastic  it is one of the easiest to print but might not be the strongest.    Then either move to another type from f plastic.  Be prepared to have alot of misprints  at first just because of the learning curve.  Biggest thing is to get your  print bed level and the print head the right distance from the print bed.  Going to see if rumblecloud can add a section to the forum for 3d printing since  I have alot of info I can post.  what print program are you going to use?

RC  Addict at his best

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 09:39:52 PM »
Look at my other post  about starting 3d printing  alot of useful info with links there.  I would start to print with pla first before any other plastic  it is one of the easiest to print but might not be the strongest.    Then either move to another type from f plastic.  Be prepared to have alot of misprints  at first just because of the learning curve.  Biggest thing is to get your  print bed level and the print head the right distance from the print bed.  Going to see if rumblecloud can add a section to the forum for 3d printing since  I have alot of info I can post.  what print program are you going to use?
I just seen that

Offline Davesheli

• It's all about the Multi's..
  • Administrator
  • I Love flying my Hedge Hog, I mean Quad...
    • DavesHeli YouTube Channel
  • Awards: Multi builder Multi Pilot GoldKk2 userHelicopter PilotQuad Pilot
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 01:03:37 AM »

Just made a New Category & Board for ya Ceolwulf...

PM me with anything you would like to change about it sir.... and any post that I missed....

:coolguy: