Author Topic: question on these ESC's  (Read 428 times)

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
question on these ESC's
« on: February 03, 2017, 09:18:33 AM »
I'm going to take all the electronics off my F450 and build a F550. I need to buy 6 ESC's and I found these does anyone know if these are good? the motors I'm using are the Sunny Sky X2212-13 980 11 KV and the batteries I use are 3 cell 4000 mAh 25c.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UL4LIM4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A37EFSP4QP9HL5

if these are not good could someone recommend a good ESC I'm looking for ones with the bullet connectors I don't want the one with the long wires that go to the motors.

thanks Jeff   :coolguy:

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
  • Awards: FPV PilotRC AddictKK2 userMulticopter PilotScrap builds multisBuild helis
Re: question on these ESC's
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 06:40:38 AM »
I don't know this brand, but the reviews were good.  I've had very good luck with HK Plush ESC's and F30A, but the latter needs to be flashed with SimonK for quad use.  However, neither have the built in connectors you're looking for.  Also, I guess you know that these are opto ESC's, with no BEC.  Do you plan to use a separate BEC to power the the flight controller?
"Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground"

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 06:52:58 AM »
Hi Tom

I didn't plan on using a BEC. I never had one on my 450 do I really need to use a BEC?

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
  • Awards: FPV PilotRC AddictKK2 userMulticopter PilotScrap builds multisBuild helis
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 08:30:24 AM »
If you use ESC's with no BEC, then you will have to power the flight controller another way.  How did you do that on the 450?

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 07:33:05 PM »
Hi Tom

everything ran off the Naza lite.

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 04:55:06 AM »
Oh, right, I forgot you were using Naza, I believe it has its own BEC.