Author Topic: It's No Hextor..... The Flying Cuisinart Project  (Read 156 times)

Offline jbrumberg

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: SleepswithfishMulti Pilotoldfart
It's No Hextor..... The Flying Cuisinart Project
« on: April 03, 2017, 09:11:11 AM »
FYI:

Just to keep things "active" around here.   I just want to let members know that I am upgrading the "Flying C" with a Turnigy 2 Axis Mobius gimbal and some other minor mods like going to a parallel battery pack, etc.  I need to make some mounting plates out of LexanŽ.  I need to rebalance the frame.  I need the services from a mental health professional.  :b0708: :b0201: 

I got the gimbal already and immediately stripped off the head of a 3M phillips head nylon screw fastener  :headslap: :frokkelled: during assembly. At least I have it assembled (minus one 30 mm tapped nylon spacer). 

Note to self:  Do not attempt fine digit motor control, and/or fine eye-hand-brain coordinated behaviors under the "influence" of OTC cough medicine.  :winky:

I am in no hurry.  I still have snow on the ground.

J

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
Re: It's No Hextor..... The Flying Cuisinart Project
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 08:42:49 AM »

FYI: ...and immediately stripped off the head of a 3M phillips head nylon screw fastener  :headslap: :frokkelled: during assembly. At least I have it assembled (minus one 30 mm tapped nylon spacer). 

:b0201:Good to know you haven't lost your touch  :b0209:

Offline jbrumberg

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: SleepswithfishMulti Pilotoldfart
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 10:06:46 AM »
^^^^^^   :b0201: :b0201:

I did manage to survive splicing a JST lead into the main power cable without burning the house down or myself too badly with my soldering iron and I finally got all the liquid electricians' tape off my fingers last night.

Thank goodness for the soldering jig.  :winky:

All the holes "seem to align" on the plexiglass plate mount that I made   :t2030: :coolguy:.  We'll see about the alignment when I put this thing back together.

Offline Davesheli

• It's all about the Multi's..
  • Administrator
  • I Love flying my Hedge Hog, I mean Quad...
    • DavesHeli YouTube Channel
  • Awards: Multi builder Multi Pilot GoldKk2 userHelicopter PilotQuad Pilot
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 05:01:37 PM »
Thanks for keeping us alive Jay, do you have a picture of your Jig?

:coolguy: