Author Topic: Crash!  (Read 740 times)

Offline AKPhill

• Multirotor Expert
  • Awards: multicopter goldCX 450HK 450RC AddictCriusMulti PilotHeli BuilderOld Fart
Re: Crash!
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 12:06:22 AM »
Now that's what I call furnace meltdown :frokkelled:

Offline Davesheli

• It's all about the Multi's..
  • Administrator
  • I Love flying my Hedge Hog, I mean Quad...
    • DavesHeli YouTube Channel
  • Awards: Multi builder Multi Pilot GoldKk2 userHelicopter PilotQuad Pilot
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 07:11:22 AM »

I agree, WOW!!! :headslap:

The heating system is soooo different up there compared to down hear, crazy.....  :b0703:

:coolguy:

Offline jbrumberg

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: SleepswithfishMulti Pilotoldfart
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 08:52:07 AM »

I agree, WOW!!! :headslap:

The heating system is soooo different up there compared to down hear, crazy.....  :b0703:

:coolguy:

What was amazing is that with all the frozen pipes and resultant leaks when the pipes got thawed there was no damage to anything but the central heating plumbing.

Who knows how long the hot tap water was leaking out the original antifreeze?  I was good to -30F initially. The hot water got "oily"  :b0703:

The heating system is/was a Buderus, made in Germany; and like a lot of German products requires a high degree of maintenance and ongoing part replacement.  I had that unit serviced annually.  I paid no labor charges due to the service contract with the heating/cooling company (and a tech screwup that wiped out the mother board :frokkelled:)

I have a different water heater now.

Thank goodness for our home owner's insurance.  :t2030:

Offline AKPhill

• Multirotor Expert
  • Awards: multicopter goldCX 450HK 450RC AddictCriusMulti PilotHeli BuilderOld Fart
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 12:39:04 AM »
They have been using a product called pex for in floor heating systems and radiator heating systems and it works for demestic water as well and will expand 7 times it's normal diameter hopefully this is what you have carrying your heating water
So if you do then all that can be ruined is the heater itself
Consider yourself very lucky that that is all that was broken  :t2030:

Offline jbrumberg

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: SleepswithfishMulti Pilotoldfart
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 02:38:57 PM »
"..... Consider yourself very lucky that that is all that was broken"-  AKPhill

Thanks for the product information.  :t2030:

I was fortunate that there was no further damage to the house and property..... and it has motivated me to further clean, organize :b0201: and insulate the cellar.

Offline Gene T

• Helicopter Expert
  • Awards: Trex 500Trex 600Trex 700RC AddictOld Farts ClubHeli Pilot GoldHelicopter Gold
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2017, 08:11:15 AM »
I don't think I flew twice all last year. Lots of things have been happening, some good, some not so good. We sustained some ice dam damage a couple of years back and it took most of last year to finally get square with the insurance company and get everything fixed. Plus we remodeled our master bath. My mother got sick, we went on a cruise, I got a new job. It's just been never ending.

Some of my batteries are going bad from not being used. A 6 cell with maybe five flights on it lost one cell and now it's useless on my 700. Since it's half of a pair, the set is pretty much useless. I tried to hover my TREX 700 and it wouldn't even fly. batteries didn't work right, tail rotor loosened up.

I really need to spend a couple of weekends going through every screw, bolt and linkage on every model to make sure they are flight worthy, and buy some new batteries. Then get out there again.

Meanwhile I've been distracted by other hobbies, photography, golf, etc.

With nothing to say and no time to say it, I've been absent for quite a while.

I'm guessing that's pretty much the arc of most hobbies. For a while you can't get enough of it, then you settle down, then you forget how much you loved it, while you can't get enough of something else.

DX8, Phoenix, iCharger 208b, Blade mSR, Blade 130X, Blade 400 (Airwolf), TREX 500, TREX 600, TREX 700

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 08:58:39 AM »
Pretty much on the money GeneT. thanks for posting.

We go from one "hobby" to the next and fit it in between life. Hope you are doing well and keep checking in every now and again.