Author Topic: A win for our hobby...  (Read 770 times)

Offline spoonerrw

• Forum Zombies
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Awards: Multi pilotHoney Bee GoldHeli BuilderMulticopter GoldHeli Pilot Silver
"what goes up, will come down... sometimes painfully."
AMA Member... 1063373

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
Re: A win for our hobby...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 06:24:48 PM »
 :t2030:

So far so good. Let's hope it sticks.

Thanks for the post.

Offline Davesheli

• It's all about the Multi's..
  • Administrator
  • I Love flying my Hedge Hog, I mean Quad...
    • DavesHeli YouTube Channel
  • Awards: Multi builder Multi Pilot GoldKk2 userHelicopter PilotQuad Pilot
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 10:01:19 PM »
Thanks for the info Rob, sounds like good news.  :t2030: :t2030:

:coolguy:

Offline tntrcnutz

• Helicopter Pilot
  • TIM AND TINA ARE RADIO CONTROL NUTZ
    • My YouTube Videos
  • Awards: Planker pilotPlanker builderoldfartRC AddictHeli PilotHeli Builder
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 07:44:12 AM »
This is great news , I think all of the funds should be returned to the people .
 But you know how easy it is getting $$$ from the government.

This is a win for the r c world for sure sooooooooo :showing-ass: F.A.A.

IF FLYING R.C. WAS ILLEGAL... HER AND I WOULD BE CAREER CRIMINALS

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 08:58:37 AM »
This is great news , I think all of the funds should be returned to the people .
 But you know how easy it is getting $$$ from the government.

The $5.00 registration fee was returned if you didn't wait to after the deadline....  :b0209:

Offline spoonerrw

• Forum Zombies
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Awards: Multi pilotHoney Bee GoldHeli BuilderMulticopter GoldHeli Pilot Silver
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 02:18:50 PM »
Well sadly, if this is true... It was a very short lived victory...
https://www.cnet.com/news/trump-signs-bill-reinstating-required-drone-registration/#ftag=CAD-09-10aai5b
 :b0708: :headslap:
AMA Member... 1063373

Offline AKPhill

• Multirotor Expert
  • Awards: multicopter goldCX 450HK 450RC AddictCriusMulti PilotHeli BuilderOld Fart
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 11:31:09 PM »
Interesting read just more of the stuff related to killing this forum as people move away from quads and helicopters
 :0042v1:

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 05:48:22 PM »
Interesting read just more of the stuff related to killing this forum as people move away from quads and helicopters
 :0042v1:

I do understand why everyone is so upset about all this mess, but I still don't have a problem with this as I have nothing to hide, if they want to spy on me they will be very board.....  :b0201: :b0201: :b0201:

Anyway, still sux.....

Offline spoonerrw

• Forum Zombies
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 08:09:08 PM »
im registered as well... did it when I was forced to. my issue isn't with the reason behind it, I agree with their reasons. unfortunately the ones who have caused all of this to happen don't follow rules and all the FAA ends up with are a list full of names of people who follow the rules to begin with. where do they stop? they don't even know that themselves and that's the part that worries me. now that they have been given free reign... I guess we will find out?

its a shame that it has come back down to this again.
AMA Member... 1063373

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 07:15:34 AM »
im registered as well... did it when I was forced to. my issue isn't with the reason behind it, I agree with their reasons. unfortunately the ones who have caused all of this to happen don't follow rules and all the FAA ends up with are a list full of names of people who follow the rules to begin with. where do they stop? they don't even know that themselves and that's the part that worries me. now that they have been given free reign... I guess we will find out?

its a shame that it has come back down to this again.

Agreed......................

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 08:58:19 AM »
I see the language in the article about Trump reinstating the legislation that specifically calls out drones. And it does seem like this all started with drones - specifically the DJI brand that were semi-autonomous and so easy to fly that anyone regardless of their knowledge or skill level could get one and do stupid shit with it.

To me it just seems really odd that in the years prior, there was never a problem with RC planes violating the same air space. Could it be that it took more skill - or "smarts?"

Planes have more capability than a quad or hex - that is until Mark invented Hextor  :face-slap: :face-slap: :b0201: :b0201: :showing-ass:

Offline spoonerrw

• Forum Zombies
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2017, 12:01:43 PM »
its an interesting question Randy, and only Trump knows why the reason behind the new interest in regulating this? my guess is that like before, this will be wide sweeping regulation across the board. the FAA will push for it, like they had before, and now that he has given them his blessing... I doubt this will be limited to drones only. I do hope that they wont seek wide sweeping regulation, only time will tell, but be prepared for the worse.

I flew planes for many years before I got in to this side of the hobby and personally don't think planes are harder then quads in most respects, but landing definitely takes a practice and skill that isn't needed with drones or helicopters. with the ability to hover and shoot video, autonomous flight, carry and release payloads with accuracy and precision, among many other advantages... drones have nudged ahead of planes in what they can do. I honestly feel that with Trumps commitment to the military, and the threats that drones can pose to their installations (government or military) in the hands of people who refuse to follow the rules, or seek to do bad things... this could have been in some part among the reasons he chose to revisit this decision, but again, only he knows? I can just about guarantee the FAA whispered it in his ear, knowing how he feels. 
AMA Member... 1063373