Author Topic: HOBBYKING SHIPPING UPS???  (Read 156 times)

Offline Flyingdeutschman

• Administrator
  • Multi rotors ROCK!
  • Awards: fpv pilotmultipilot goldrcaddictnazacriusmulticoptergoldscalehelihelipilotsilverwaverunner
HOBBYKING SHIPPING UPS???
« on: July 12, 2017, 10:45:08 AM »
I ordered a micro heli off of Hobbyking international (Because they don't sell this heli in the USA) and went to check out and the only shipping available was the "UPS Express - Saver - Dangerous Goods". Probably because of the tiny 3.7v lipo battery it has coming with it.

That was over $25. just for shipping. It's a micro. :b0708:

Any way of course it started in China, but look at where it has gone so far: Instead of just flying it to Portland international airport like they have in the past they first shipped it to Anchorage,  AK, then put on another plane and flew past Portland all the way down to SO. Cali, then thrown on another plane and flew back up to Portland.

If it was so dangerous then why did it take 3 different flights, on 3 different planes instead of flying it straight to Portland?   :headslap:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 10:54:00 AM by Flyingdeutschman »

Offline AKPhill

• Multirotor Expert
  • Awards: multicopter goldCX 450HK 450RC AddictCriusMulti PilotHeli BuilderOld Fart
Re: HOBBYKING SHIPPING UPS???
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 09:15:30 PM »
Micro quad is getting a lot of miles for sure   :b0201:

I ordered a batt for a heli that way and it came to Anchorage first the to California and then back to Anchorage the down to me all in 3 days  :b0209:

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
Re: HOBBYKING SHIPPING UPS???
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 11:33:20 PM »
WOW too bad you can't collect frequent flyer points on that  :b0201: I'm going through the same BS with FedEx I ordered a printer with two-day shipping it's now been two weeks and still don't have it :t1933: it was shipped from Las Vagas to Minnesota 1600 miles away.

Mark are you all done with quads? sorry to hear about the monster you built.

Jeff  :coolguy: