Author Topic: Johm Sandford  (Read 2200 times)

Offline bazjay38

• Helicopter Pilot
  • Eat more slowly, drink more wine.
  • Awards: Casey JonesHoney BeeQuad Pilot BronzeJoksterOld Farts ClubRC AddictHelicopter Pilot Bronze
Re: Johm Sandford
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2016, 01:20:47 PM »
Thanks Phil.  This section is all about books so you are permitted to send recommendations and pass comments on all things of a literature nature. Just looked up Vince Flynn on Amazon and shall certainly add him to my reading list. Having had a brief skirmish with a prostate cancer scare a year ago I am so sorry his wasn't caught in time. The way I am going. I should have enough books lined up to last a few years. I was an English Teacher (but taught many other subjects over the years but English was the Major) I was never tempted by Proust -pretentious French prat! - but I did read James Joyce's Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man and quite enjoyed it, Though as for the other stuff, Finnegan's Wake etc, no thank you very much! Having spent 34 years at the chalk face trying to instill the love of poetry and literature to young bored minds, I can now relax and enjoy good old fashioned whodunnits. :coolguy: :coolguy:

If it Ain't Spinnin' You Ain't Winnin'

Offline bazjay38

• Helicopter Pilot
  • Awards: Casey JonesHoney BeeQuad Pilot BronzeJoksterOld Farts ClubRC AddictHelicopter Pilot Bronze
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2016, 08:16:01 AM »
Reading "Certain Prey," right now. Last evening read the goriest passage I've come across in his books. What two ladies did to a man was vomit inducing. Not that he didn't desrve it but it quite put me off my supper. Pages 85-88. If you get this book - you have been warned.

Offline bazjay38

• Helicopter Pilot
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 06:25:40 PM »
I've now finished reading all 25 of John Stanford's Lucas Davenport series. Enjoyed everyone, including the graphic scenes in "Certain Prey." Can't remember who put me onto this series but many thanks, it's been a great ride (read) :t2030:
BTW Phil, I'll check up on Vince Flynn again now as I'm looking for a new hero.

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
  • Awards: FPV PilotRC AddictKK2 userMulticopter PilotScrap builds multisBuild helis
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 07:44:00 PM »
I believe that would be me, Baz.
"Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground"

Offline bazjay38

• Helicopter Pilot
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2016, 06:18:12 PM »
Great suggestion boy, thanks a lot :t2981: