Author Topic: Sunday rust removal  (Read 93 times)

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
Sunday rust removal
« on: March 23, 2017, 08:33:59 AM »
Weather was good enough to fly this past Sunday so I shook off some rust. Got to test my new recording module I installed in the Dominator V2 goggles I have. Someone asked awhile back hoe racers were recording videos on their small micro quads and this is how. Most of the newer goggles have this capacity built in. there was an upgrade available for the V2s so I bought it and put it in. Now you can see close to what the pilot sees -- interference and all.

Online Davesheli

• It's all about the Multi's..
  • Administrator
  • I Love flying my Hedge Hog, I mean Quad...
    • DavesHeli YouTube Channel
  • Awards: Multi builder Multi Pilot GoldKk2 userHelicopter PilotQuad Pilot
Re: Sunday rust removal
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 08:56:41 AM »
Thanks for posting Randy, you know I love the wide open sport flying the most.....  :t2980: :t2981: :t2980: :t2981:

BTW: the smallest tree in that area and you found it????....  :face-slap: :face-slap: :b0201: :b0201: :b0201: :b0201:

:coolguy:

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 08:32:27 AM »
I hate that tree. Ann won't let me cut it down cause it's an Oak -- soooo....i'll just keep running into ti till I kill it :b0201:

Offline jbrumberg

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: SleepswithfishMulti Pilotoldfart
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 04:06:06 PM »
Randy-  You did not hit that tree.  It hit you.  I saw it moving in your video and then you got blindsided.  :0042v1:

I would do all kinds of tree pruning flying around your place.  :headship: 

Nice video and the music "fit" quite nicely  :t2030:  Thanks for sharing.  :t2030:

My "airfield" is still an ice/snowpack.

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
  • Awards: FPV PilotRC AddictKK2 userMulticopter PilotScrap builds multisBuild helis
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 04:19:09 AM »
Nice flying!  I was a little surprised by the interference--it seems worse than what I see in my Quanum goggles.
"Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground"

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 08:51:26 AM »
Video transmission is still voodoo to me. i understand how it's supposed to work but i have a hard time getting it to work well. That particular quad was using a 25 mW VTX with matching RHCP antenna on the quad and the goggles. I understand that with a diversity receiver you can double up on antenna and use a circular and maybe a patch to get better reception. I have the Fat Shark Transformer goggles - like the Quanums - and it has diversity capability, but you cannot record thru the goggles  :face-slap:

I would rather use a more powerful VTX, but at the races they mostly go with 25s so I'm learning to deal with it.

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
  • Awards: FPV PilotRC AddictKK2 userMulticopter PilotScrap builds multisBuild helis
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 11:20:23 AM »
I was wondering about the VTX, these days I use  600 mW and a diversity RX with a circular polarized antenna and a patch antenna, too.  That combo is working well for me, although the only thing I'm flying much these days is the the P4.
"Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground"