Author Topic: Does anyone still hang out here  (Read 227 times)

Offline HarleyD

Does anyone still hang out here
« on: March 28, 2017, 07:57:09 PM »
Lookin for Marc from rc-guides.com

Offline Davesheli

• It's all about the Multi's..
  • Administrator
  • I Love flying my Hedge Hog, I mean Quad...
    • DavesHeli YouTube Channel
  • Awards: Multi builder Multi Pilot GoldKk2 userHelicopter PilotQuad Pilot
Re: Does anyone still hang out here
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 08:27:06 PM »
Heya Harley, yes a lot of us are here from the Guides.  However, Marc is not one of them. He has left the hobby for the most part. I took over the Guides (100%) after Randy and I built this one  (Randy was the brain child behind it lol)......

Like you, a lot has happened with a lot of us and life has gotten in the way of our hobby. 
But we are still here  :t1815:

Anyway, glad you came over and good to hear from you again.

Is there anything we can help you with?

:coolguy:

Offline HarleyD

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 07:34:48 PM »
Nah Dave, was just wondering

Getting back into the hobby after a hiatus. Built a TREX 500L Dominator.

Have a 200qx Drone that i fly and have a lil co-axial that im using to relearn my orientation.

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 10:10:06 AM »
Hi HarleyD!! :m1277:

Thanks for stopping in.  :t2981:
As Dave said, lots has happened. Most of us are flying multis nowadays - less taxing on the reflexes and the brain.

I think most of us take breaks every now and again as our lives take us in different directions.

Stop in anytime.

Offline tntrcnutz

• Helicopter Pilot
  • TIM AND TINA ARE RADIO CONTROL NUTZ
    • My YouTube Videos
  • Awards: Planker pilotPlanker builderoldfartRC AddictHeli PilotHeli Builder
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 09:40:00 AM »
Sorry that I havn't been on here lately , but I have been busy with a bunch of medical problems and it has been taking up a lot of my time. I will be having neck surgery April 19 to have 2 plates 8 screws and c 5 removed . So if that wouldn't be enough to deal with , when that is healed up good I have to have the same done to my lower back. So needless to say my summer is shot in the ass :t2321: .But I am being slowly paralyzed from these problems so it needs to be done. I would give all the details but in short I have degenerative disk disease (pretty severely) collapsed disks , stenosis ....blah blah blah . I hope to get up and around quickly because I don't intend to let it get the best of me. The doc's outlook is excellent and says I should do very well.
I will try to keep all of you posted .

:t2922:

IF FLYING R.C. WAS ILLEGAL... HER AND I WOULD BE CAREER CRIMINALS

Offline Davesheli

• It's all about the Multi's..
  • Administrator
  • I Love flying my Hedge Hog, I mean Quad...
    • DavesHeli YouTube Channel
  • Awards: Multi builder Multi Pilot GoldKk2 userHelicopter PilotQuad Pilot
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 03:40:17 PM »
Thanks for the update Tim and all the best with your upcoming surgeries...... :t2030: :t2030:

:coolguy:

Offline jbrumberg

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: SleepswithfishMulti Pilotoldfart
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 08:15:36 PM »
Tim-

I am sorry to read about your medical challenges.  Anything "degenerative" needs to be dealt with. A friend of mine had those "procedures" and he regained his "quality of life."  I only hope your outcomes are similar and even better..... better  :t2030:

I still can not "tune in" my ankle "hardware" to the point of receiving decent FM signal  :huh:

My + thoughts and wishes.

Jay

Offline spoonerrw

• Forum Zombies
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Awards: Multi pilotHoney Bee GoldHeli BuilderMulticopter GoldHeli Pilot Silver
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 01:20:40 AM »
wow Tim, sorry to hear this. my brother in law went through the neck portion of this and was able to regain most of his neck mobility. he got back his quality of life and i am sure you will too... thoughts and prayers to you.  :t2030:

on my end, about the same. both parents are down. mom is recovering in the nursing home from not taking care of herself and is in depression. she is basically allowing herself to fade away. my dad is in the hospital recovering from a broken hip, pneumonia, blocked bowels, and a gastrointestinal hernia. they have been separated from each other for two months now and it has taken a major toll on my mother. trips back and forth to the hospital one day, the nursing home the next. trying to keep up with work, everything around the house, running on little to no sleep... it has just been a mess.  :t2321:

i have flown my new Aton one time in the last month, the 180 not since last november... just isnt enough time.  :t2105:
"what goes up, will come down... sometimes painfully."
AMA Member... 1063373

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 09:11:04 AM »
Sorry to hear of everyone's hard times. We all go through them at some point in our lives. God tests our will. It sucks.

Good luck on your surgeries and I wish you the best for a speedy recovery. This is secondary, but when you can please keep us posted.