Author Topic: Something to do in the rain.  (Read 968 times)

Offline Jerry Campbell

• Forum Zombies
    • Home Sweet Home
  • Awards: FPV PilotMultipilot GoldGlider PilotCriusRC Addict450 Clonemulti silver
Something to do in the rain.
« on: November 02, 2014, 12:18:44 PM »
 :t111077:
Well, As you know, I'm not supposed to be here now in the north country. BUT, I have things to deal with before I can leave. Like, multiple stones in each Kidney up to 3 mm and one 5mm waiting to drop. So I'm here in the no fly zone for at least another month.
What to do now? If I don't build something, Ill start tearing my Quads apart and rebuilding them. Oh, I know, Build something from scratch.
I decided to build an 48" wing using Armin wings. Yesterday I built two 30" Armin wings and then decided to build a canard wing setup first like the "Peace Drone" with a 60" folding wing setup just to get used to working with "Dollar Tree" Foam. Pretty cool, I must say. The design is pretty ugly but it's quick and easy and looks like it flies nice and smooth.
Jerry

Offline Davesheli

• It's all about the Multi's..
  • Administrator
  • I Love flying my Hedge Hog, I mean Quad...
    • DavesHeli YouTube Channel
  • Awards: Multi builder Multi Pilot GoldKk2 userHelicopter PilotQuad Pilot
Re: Something to do in the rain.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 01:32:09 PM »
Sounds cool, looking forward to the build with pics...  :b0206:

:coolguy:

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 01:32:54 PM »
 :t2970:

Sorry about your giving birth.
I've heard horror stories about the pain, so I feel for ya. Not to mention if you don't get your sorry a55 outta there you're gonna be up to your kidney stones in snow.

How are you cutting the foam? Pictures, pictures... :t2954:  :t2030:

Offline Jerry Campbell

• Forum Zombies
    • Home Sweet Home
  • Awards: FPV PilotMultipilot GoldGlider PilotCriusRC Addict450 Clonemulti silver
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 02:37:24 PM »
I'm in the Coast Range about 40 miles from the coast so this is a rain forest and we don't get much snow. However, there are BIG mountains to cross to get out of here no matter which way you go except for the coast so we'll be going down the coast. A very beautiful drive except in the winter there can Kick A$$ winds.

I am cutting the foam with a box cutter, works great. OK, on the pics. soon

Offline Jerry Campbell

• Forum Zombies
    • Home Sweet Home
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 06:00:22 PM »
Well, I got the wings done and folding. I thought I had some servos but I only have 2 and they aren't the same size. Darn, Darn, Darn.
Now I've got to go find some.

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 08:36:29 PM »
Well you are pretty darn good with the box cutter Jerr.
Foam is a PIA to deal with in my experience. A hot wire cutter is the way to go so I am told by my fellow builders -- WAYNE. :b0209:

Good luck on your mission and making it out of the region.

Offline Jerry Campbell

• Forum Zombies
    • Home Sweet Home
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 09:50:35 PM »
Thank you, yes it is a pain. I am more of a chainsaw carpenter and this stuff requires a little more of a surgeon. You got to be slow and easy. This stuff has paper on it which comes off if you touch it wrong. But at $1 a sheet you can afford to make a few mistakes.