Author Topic: Are you going to get windows 10 ,what is your thoughts  (Read 11175 times)

Offline tntrcnutz

• Helicopter Pilot
  • TIM AND TINA ARE RADIO CONTROL NUTZ
    • My YouTube Videos
  • Awards: Planker pilotPlanker builderoldfartRC AddictHeli PilotHeli Builder
Re: Are you going to get windows 10 ,what is your thoughts
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2016, 12:59:35 PM »
WARNING WARNING  WARNING WARNING WARNING
MICROSOFT IS GETTING REALLY SNEAKY NOW .

They are using new tactics to get Windows 10 on peoples computers with other sneaky updates ...as I put it
If you don't want to wake up and have 10 installed please make sure to do this

1 change update settings to download updates but let me choose to install them
2 Hide these updates  kb3035583 kb2952664 kb3021917

The reason : microsost will list these as a security update when they are nothing but a back door way to install 10 on computers .
Long story short ...... I had a friend wake up to his computer all messed up and when he took it to a repair service it was these
updates that was the problem....

These updates have been known already to crash systems and I confirmed it by researching forums and you tube .
The really bad thins I have to re hide these quite often . So now they are resorting to SNOOPING your pc and force people to have 10 without their consent .

WHERE IS THE FREEDOM OF CHOICE FOR THE PEOPLE NOW .

IF FLYING R.C. WAS ILLEGAL... HER AND I WOULD BE CAREER CRIMINALS

Offline Sobodad

• Helicopter Pilot
  • Awards: Scale heliHelicopter GoldPowered Glider
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2016, 07:48:05 PM »
Whilst I am not a fan of Scaremongering posts, at the same time I do understand why you feel this way.
Every time MS do a major Win10 Update, these particular updates are activated once again on PC's that are running Win7/8.
These updates are not labelled correctly when you look at the update title, but if you read into them, they do explain what they are.

Also as you can disable these updates every time you see them .. It is still your choice to install them ..
Just because you don't read all the fine print, does not mean MS are forcing you to update.
I look at it as this .. Microsoft are giving you another opportunity to upgrade to Windows 10 for FREE ..
This Free Upgrade offer ends this month, at which point it will cost upwards of $100 .. As well as soon after Win7/8 support will decline ..

Besides all this .. Before the Win10 upgrade starts, it takes a perfect snapshot of your current OS / Files / Settings and keeps this purely for recovery in the event you don't like it.
If the Win10 Upgrade fails, or you are not happy with how Win10 works .. You have the choice to ROLL BACK to your previous OS for up to 1 month ..

I would like to clarify a couple things first before I upset someone.
I am not a M$ fanboy (I have had more back/forth arguments with M$ than I care to remember)
I build/repair PC's as my 2nd job, I have upgrade over 300 PC's to Win10 without a problem.
I have done about 40 Win10 upgrades that have had problems (Nothing that couldn't be fixed though)
Of these 300+ PC's I have done, there has been complaints about changes, but there has not been 1 single person that has regret it (after a short learning period)

Sure there are people running old software that may not be compatible, but most of those programs also have new updates to address this.
As for your friend waking up one morning with a mess, he would have said 'yes' to the updates (unknowingly) and I would call the tech support he went to a bunch of idiots and scaremongers.
As for confirming the facts by looking on Forums and Youtube .. lol .. For every 1 complaint you see (on any topic), there are probably 10000+ happy people. (Over 300 Million people on Win10 now)

The updates you mention, yes they are a little misleading and M$ are good at that otherwise they wouldn't be where they are today. (Not many big companies would be)
Lets take a very short look at those updates, just so you understand what they are.
If any of these updates cause a critical failure, there was already something wrong with your PC that you didn't know about.

kb2952664: Windows 10 Compatibility Check: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/2952664
This update performs diagnostics on the Windows systems that participate in the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program.
These diagnostics help determine whether compatibility issues may be encountered when the latest Windows operating system is installed.
This update will help Microsoft and its partners ensure compatibility for customers who want to install the latest Windows operating system.

kb3035583: Windows 10 Installer:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/3035583
This update installs the Get Windows 10 app that helps users understand their Windows 10 upgrade options and device readiness.
This update will only begin if and when you accept it and the Compatibility Check completes and reports 100% Compatibility.

kb3021917: Windows 7 Performance Check: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/3021917
This update performs diagnostics in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) in order to determine whether performance issues may be encountered
when the latest Windows operating system is installed. Telemetry is sent back to Microsoft for those computers that participate in the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP).
This update will help Microsoft and its partners deliver better system performance for customers who are seeking to install the latest Windows operating system.

I do not begrudge anyone for not wanting to update to Win10, that IS your choice and you have every right to it.
Just don't go around believing everything you read and taking it as 100% fact, then trying to force it onto others.
Sorry if this information offends anyone, I just like to clarify things and remove some of the scare tactics haters use to lead the unknowing ..
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:57:33 PM by Sobodad »
Coax: Hunt Eagle V1 .. NE Solo V2
FP: NE Solo Pro V1 .. Walkera V200D02
CP: NE Solo Pro 180 3D .. Esky Belt CP 450 .. Esky Belt CPv2 450
CP: MSH Protos 500 .. MSH Protos 500 Airwolf Fuse
CP: JR Venture .30 Gasser
Quad: QR Ladybird V2 (x2) .. Turnigy SK450 .. AR Drone V1
Plank: Bixler v2

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2016, 03:28:29 PM »
Thanks Sobo for your input.

I took the plunge a few months back and am pretty okay with 10. The update didn't go really smoothly at first - it took a long time to get everything downloaded and then over a couple of days it just smoothed right out. It's working perfectly now. Every now and then I discover something new  :face-slap:

I just watch the the updates and selected to be asked as opposed to auto.

:t2030:

Offline Murryb

• Multirotor Pilot
  • Protectors, Liberators, Warriors, Marines
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2016, 01:24:22 PM »
I have windows 10 and I need help. When I try to put smileys in my post it won't work. Mouse pointer will change to the little hand but when I click on them they won't go into the post? Will work in MS explorer.  :t2980:

Murryb
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 01:47:13 PM by Murryb »
[

Offline Sobodad

• Helicopter Pilot
  • Awards: Scale heliHelicopter GoldPowered Glider
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2016, 10:59:43 PM »
I have windows 10 and I need help. When I try to put smileys in my post it won't work. Mouse pointer will change to the little hand but when I click on them they won't go into the post? Will work in MS explorer.  :t2980:

Murryb

Yeah the new MS Edge Browser is a pile of crap .. That is something I cannot fix .. lol ..

I stopped using all MS browsers and just use Chrome ..
Coax: Hunt Eagle V1 .. NE Solo V2
FP: NE Solo Pro V1 .. Walkera V200D02
CP: NE Solo Pro 180 3D .. Esky Belt CP 450 .. Esky Belt CPv2 450
CP: MSH Protos 500 .. MSH Protos 500 Airwolf Fuse
CP: JR Venture .30 Gasser
Quad: QR Ladybird V2 (x2) .. Turnigy SK450 .. AR Drone V1
Plank: Bixler v2

Offline jbrumberg

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: SleepswithfishMulti Pilotoldfart
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2016, 10:17:25 AM »

Murryb

Yeah the new MS Edge Browser is a pile of crap .. That is something I cannot fix .. lol ..

I stopped using all MS browsers and just use Chrome ..

I got W10 to "work", but did not like the way it worked, and really disliked MS Edge = I bought an iMac which I am now learning.  Some of my RC/RC related stuff that require GUI assistants will not compatible with the iMac and I really do not know what I am doing  :headslap: :headship:  I really like iMovie and the picture program which I am learning.