Author Topic: our new addition to the family  (Read 564 times)

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
our new addition to the family
« on: September 01, 2016, 10:35:22 AM »
after my dog was killed last winter by a drunk on a snowmobile I decided it was time to get a new dog. I went out over the weekend and pick up a Yellow Lab / Great Dane  mix his name is Marvin and weighs just over #128 pounds. he is very friendly and well trained and very protective couldn't be more happy with him. I wished I would've told my wife I got a new dog because the same day I got him she ended bring one home a little ankle biter :headslap: the lady she was taking care of passed away and her Daughter ask if she would like to have him. I have no idea what kind of dog it is his name is Ivan. anyway thought I would post pictures of our new doggies :t2030:

my dog Melvin 

my wife's little ankle biter  :b0201:

Offline jbrumberg

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: SleepswithfishMulti Pilotoldfart
Re: our new addition to the family
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 12:33:59 PM »
Jeff-

That is great news.  Your loss really upset me.  This was meant to be (even that little "ankle biter").  Sometimes it takes a little time for the right dog(s) to come into one's life.  That is a great mix of breeds (Melvin).  Ivan looks to be a ChihuahuaXTerroer mix; probably attacks from the rear too :b0209: :b0209:  I reserve comment on Ivan, but Melvin may help mellow out little ankle biter.

I wish you many happy and healthy years together.   :t2946:

Melvin looks a lot like our Scoobie who we rescued- a St. BernardXGerman Shepard who was one of the nicest dogs we ever owned.  He was on a TV pet adoption ad having been abandoned by his family because they "did not love him anymore"  :frokkelled: :face-slap: :face-slap: :face-slap:  Cancer got him in the end, but he was pain free for 14 months and he "went out" in style at home in my arms after a day of "carousing"  :t2030: :coolguy:

Lookalike a good fit.

Jay

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 12:59:08 PM »
Congrats Jeff! Glad you're back in the saddle with the pooches.  :t2030:

Offline Davesheli

• It's all about the Multi's..
  • Administrator
  • I Love flying my Hedge Hog, I mean Quad...
    • DavesHeli YouTube Channel
  • Awards: Multi builder Multi Pilot GoldKk2 userHelicopter PilotQuad Pilot
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 04:26:31 PM »
Glad you got another best friend Jeff, nothing like having a Big Puppy in the house. (And a little one also)   :t2030: :t2030:

:coolguy:

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
  • Awards: FPV PilotRC AddictKK2 userMulticopter PilotScrap builds multisBuild helis
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 05:41:22 AM »
Glad to hear this!  Great to have new additions to the family!  :t2030: :t2030:
"Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground"