Author Topic: Some practice rounds  (Read 50 times)

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
Some practice rounds
« on: May 15, 2017, 06:58:12 PM »
Weather is finally starting to come around and I have some time to play. I got to cut my field and set up some gates to practice. I'm not quite there yet as far as lining up shots through keyholes and arches - still getting the feel for what I can and can't do. I can feel it, but I'm not brave enough to try it. You'll see what I mean in the vid. If I miss I have to take a walk and pick up the quad. If you know me, that happens a lot. :face-slap:

Offline Murryb

• Helicopter Pilot
  • Protectors, Liberators, Warriors, Marines
Re: Some practice rounds
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 11:03:16 AM »
Great course RC and some very good flying. I would like to do that some day. But I don't have any place for a course. Can I make my hero session camera into an FPV?

Murry

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 12:41:11 PM »
Hi Murry,
Thanks for the compliment.

You can certainly make your hero FPV capable. A video transmitter, appropriate connecting cable, a power supply (either tap into your flight battery or add a smaller battery), a monitor of some type for ground viewing and you should be good to go. It isn't difficult to do. And the view is amazing, just ask Tom..

Just google it. It's pretty common and you'll find lots of info and of course we're here too  :t2030:

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
  • Awards: FPV PilotRC AddictKK2 userMulticopter PilotScrap builds multisBuild helis
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 07:16:08 AM »
Yep, it's easy to hook up a GoPro or ActionCam for FPV.  All you need are monitor/goggles, TX and RX and you're ready to fly.  BTW, great flying Randy and a really nice course.
"Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground"

Offline Murryb

• Helicopter Pilot
  • Protectors, Liberators, Warriors, Marines
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 02:57:34 PM »
Thanks guys I will see what I can do, but this is way over my head.

Murry