Author Topic: Aloft Hobbies -- Check 'em out  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
Aloft Hobbies -- Check 'em out
« on: March 24, 2014, 04:26:33 PM »
Everywhere I look, all I find in reference to Aloft Hobbies are great reviews. So I thought I would put together a little compilation. But first, a bit about Aloft Hobbies and “the guy behind the screen.”

Aloft Hobbies specializes in FrSky radios and related equipment – RXs, modules telemetry, servos, etc, as well as HiTec and Futaba compatible components. 

As far as aircraft, their focus is on gliders and powered gliders in kit form and carry decent supply of building materials, like fiberglass seam tape, laminating film and an assortment of carbon fiber tubes, strips, rods and plates.

If you read the About section, you get a little insight about the owner:

"I've flown a bit of everything, crashed a bit of everything, and repaired a bit of everything. Sometimes that is the way things go."

Over all of these years there has been one constant in my flying hobby, the people! Nearly everyone I have shared air time with has been a warm, friendly and a helpful person.

If I'm feeling down or frazzled by everyday life I know all I have to do is pick up a plane and get a little air time. Even better if I can drag some friends into going, and that usually isn't very hard to do.
See you in the air!
-Wayne
The guy behind the screen

Here are just a few of the comments I’ve collected from different forums:

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?4877-Aloft-Hobbies

“I'll be ordering everything I can from these guys now –“

“so I called and talked to them in person (IN PERSON!)”

“I ordered a FrSky D8R-XP receiver from them on Saturday, Sept 7th. It was waiting for me when I got home on Monday, Sept 9th.”

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1658036

“Aloft Hobbies rocks! One of my favorite vendors.”

“This was my first purchase, but for sure there will be following more.”

“Aloft Hobbies gets my vote. Great email contact, great help, and super fast delivery. A A++++ hobby shop! “

And this on from YoutTube:

I can add my own experience here as well when I received a phone call on a Sunday night:

“So it's Sunday night at about 8:00. I'm playing around with the Variometer telemetry sensor I got to use for the Bixler or the Hexa (Medusa). The sensor plugs into the X8R receiver and sends info back to the Taranis. Things like altitude and I'm not sure what else. Anyway, there were way to many plug and not enough places to put them. The "manual" is what you would expect - useless.

So I got online and sent a message to Aloft Hobbies where I purchased the X8R (2 of them ) and the Variometer. Bout ten minutes later, Ann calls down to the manhole and says "your phone is ringing!"

It was Wayne. Not our Wayne, but Wayne from Aloft Hobbies. Go figure.”

Great service deserves our attention. Check ‘em out at:

http://www.alofthobbies.com/

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
Re: Aloft Hobbies -- Check 'em out
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 02:11:50 PM »
Wayne from Aloft Hobbies just posted his response on my blog:

Wayne
March 25, 2014

Thanks for the kind words.
We simply treat our customers the way we want to be treated when we place orders online. Why would we do anything less? I still think it is funny that people think our service is so amazing, I guess that says a lot about some of the other businesses out there.

Offline kpinnc

• Helicopter Pilot
  • Awards: multipilot silverMulticopter Gold
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 10:50:44 PM »
They've got my vote for sure. Each and every purchase with them has been awesome!

Offline Ceolwulf

• Helicopter Pilot
  • Awards: Multi BuilderMulti PilotPlanker PilotHeli PilotGround PounderKK2 FCHelicopter GoldRC Addict
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 04:38:53 PM »
Great company to deal with,  I have ordered a few things from them.  It's getting harder and harder to find good shops to deal with and I have seen quite a few close lately :t2321:

RC  Addict at his best

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
  • Men and Their Flying Machines Somewhere Over OZ
  • Awards: On the Fly News Guy450 Fixed PitchMulticopterHelicopterRC AddictHeli PilotOld FartKK2Multicopter
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 09:00:07 AM »
I met Wayne at the IHobby show this past weekend. He was at the FrSky booth showing off the new Horus prototype. Great guy. very knowledgeable on the Tarranis and the Frsky lineup.

:t2030: :t2030: :t2030:

:freeze:  ***Ice***

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!