Author Topic: I have a question for you batt/motor experts  (Read 574 times)

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
I have a question for you batt/motor experts
« on: November 11, 2017, 03:48:10 AM »
I have a question for you guys with motor & battery knowledge. I recently bought a tundra plane (holy S**T this thing is huge) Anyway it has a 3636-900Kv motor the manual says to use 1800 to 2200 mAh 30+ c battery. The fuselage is huge I can easily fit 4 1800's in there and still have room for other stuff. So my question is how big of a battery can I actually use with a 3636-900Kv motor? I don't want to go with a 4 cell batt since all my batt's are 3 cel 2200 to 5800 mAh. Another reason I'm asking is I plan on installing a motor sound system. Even after installing the sound system I'll still have room inside the fuse. I'm hoping to have put together this weekend? after he grandkids leave. The only thing I won't have installed is the receiver still waiting for the replacement one. will post pictures when done.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/audio-processing-module.html 

Jeff  :coolguy:

Offline Sobodad

• Helicopter Pilot
  • Awards: Scale heliHelicopter GoldPowered Glider
Re: I have a question for you batt/motor experts
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 01:20:01 PM »
You can go as big as you want to, provided it is not too heavy for the plane to carry ..

Higher mAh = longer flight times (however reduced by the extra weight)

Do some tests with extra weight in the fuse and see how much it can carry with little / no effect on the handling ..

Stick with 3 cell batteries, so you don't cook anything and you should be fine :)
Coax: Hunt Eagle V1 .. NE Solo V2
FP: NE Solo Pro V1 .. Walkera V200D02
CP: NE Solo Pro 180 3D .. Esky Belt CP 450 .. Esky Belt CPv2 450
CP: MSH Protos 500 .. MSH Protos 500 Airwolf Fuse
CP: JR Venture .30 Gasser
Quad: QR Ladybird V2 (x2) .. Turnigy SK450 .. AR Drone V1
Plank: Bixler v2

Offline Flyingdeutschman

• Administrator
  • Multi rotors ROCK!
  • Awards: fpv pilotmultipilot goldrcaddictnazacriusmulticoptergoldscalehelihelipilotsilverwaverunner
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 03:22:28 PM »
My Trainstar battery recommendation is 1800mah 3s. It has a wingspan of 1400mm (+55") and weighs 1300g (2.87 lbs)
After doing some research on this plane I read that the Mah rating is way to low for this plane and some are using 2200mah batteries with slightly better flight times.  I opted to go with the 3000mah 3s 40~50c battery because unlike you have a limited battery space and this one fits perfect.
Whatever you decide to go with just make sure that your CG is good. You might have to move the battery around to find it. The club that I'm going to join told me that it's good to be a little nose heavy.

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 04:40:19 PM »
 :t2030: Thanks guys