Author Topic: High Tide and Fall Colors in the South Carolina Lowcountry  (Read 110 times)

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
  • Awards: FPV PilotRC AddictKK2 userMulticopter PilotScrap builds multisBuild helis
High Tide and Fall Colors in the South Carolina Lowcountry
« on: December 02, 2017, 06:08:33 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRkBFOf7JCo/allowfullscreen=""

Randy, this is the same area where I did the video a few years back where you asked how they got that boat that far onto dry land.  That video was at low tide and this one was done on a high "spring" tide where the water level is up to 10 feet higher.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 06:10:06 AM by boykintom »
"Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground"

Offline AKPhill

• Multirotor Expert
  • Awards: multicopter goldCX 450HK 450RC AddictCriusMulti PilotHeli BuilderOld Fart
Re: High Tide and Fall Colors in the South Carolina Lowcountry
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 01:41:43 AM »
 Awsum video  :t2981:

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 12:52:20 PM »
Hey Tom that was an incredible view.
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I can't watch things on my laptop which is my morning routine. I have to wait till I have time on the desktop to watch in HD with surround.

Me and Annie need to come visit NC and SC to see what it's all about. The whole coastal area looks very inviting.

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
  • Awards: FPV PilotRC AddictKK2 userMulticopter PilotScrap builds multisBuild helis
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 04:45:19 PM »
If you come this way, you have to let us know.  We have a detached garage apartment you are welcome to use as a home base, and we can show you around and point you in the right direction.

Offline Davesheli

• It's all about the Multi's..
  • Administrator
  • I Love flying my Hedge Hog, I mean Quad...
    • DavesHeli YouTube Channel
  • Awards: Multi builder Multi Pilot GoldKk2 userHelicopter PilotQuad Pilot
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 05:44:49 PM »
I've watched the video several time on my phone but have been waiting to see it on a bigger screen... :headslap: :b0201: :b0201:

All I can say is AWESOME View and Video Tom, keep em coming sir......  :t2030: :t2030:

:coolguy:

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 09:21:52 PM »
Dave,

Thanks!  This is what I will miss terribly if this forum goes away.  We're a fairly small group of people who have been extremely supportive to each other over the years as we have evolved in this hobby.  Dave, you personally were a huge help to me way back when I was struggling to keep the Honey Bee up in the air for more than a few seconds, and I really appreciate that kind of interest and unselfish advice.  This forum is so different from the flames and criticism I see on some other sites and I hope we don't lose that community spirit.  What do we need to do to make this spirit continue?

Tom

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 01:30:43 AM »
Pretty scenery Tom as always we love watching your videos :t2030: I have never been to Sc, I've been to Lumberton, NC. a lot but SC is the only state I haven't had the pleasure of visiting. keep the videos coming my kids love seeing other parts of the US.  :t2030: Speaking of pictures/videos we also miss Phil's Alaska pictures   

Jeff  :coolguy:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 01:36:12 AM by highflyer »

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 05:22:24 AM »
Jeff,

South Carolina is a great state with a lot of variety.  We have mountains in the northwest corner, rolling hills in the midlands and blackwater rivers and swamps in the Lowcountry, and of course there's the coast with all those miles of salt marsh along the entire eastern side of the state.  You need to come see us!  BTW, the only state I haven't visited is Hawaii.

Tom

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 07:27:31 AM »
Dave,

Thanks!  This is what I will miss terribly if this forum goes away.  We're a fairly small group of people who have been extremely supportive to each other over the years as we have evolved in this hobby.  Dave, you personally were a huge help to me way back when I was struggling to keep the Honey Bee up in the air for more than a few seconds, and I really appreciate that kind of interest and unselfish advice.  This forum is so different from the flames and criticism I see on some other sites and I hope we don't lose that community spirit.  What do we need to do to make this spirit continue?

Tom

Tom, Thanks you for the kind words and I agree, I love our Forums very much, even though my heath has not let me fly for a little over a year now, i am hoping to fly again when it warms back up, but we will see....

You are soo welcome my friend, I loved helping members out and "the student has far exceeded the teacher".....  :t1815:

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 01:38:30 PM »
Dave,

I don't know about that last part--put you have certainly been a very knowledgeable and patient teacher, not only with me, but with many others.

Thanks!

Tom

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 08:57:02 AM »
Dave,

I don't know about that last part--put you have certainly been a very knowledgeable and patient teacher, not only with me, but with many others.

Thanks!

Tom

Thank you Tom, but I'm still stuck in the stone ages with these things compared to most every else, but then again I love to just Sport Fly.....  :b0206: