Author Topic: FAA panel urges drone tracking, but hobbyists seek exemption  (Read 267 times)

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club

Offline spoonerrw

• Forum Zombies
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Awards: Multi pilotHoney Bee GoldHeli BuilderMulticopter GoldHeli Pilot Silver
Re: FAA panel urges drone tracking, but hobbyists seek exemption
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 07:04:37 PM »
This is the very kind of thing that makes me nervous.
The FAA slid in silently the first time on the premise that only drones would be affected and what did they do? Everything right down to control line aircraft were dumped in on their registration plan and they were allowed to do it. They have no clue what they are doing, no clue how to be partial and under what circumstance, evidenced by the question that they even have to ask.
Air traffic control, really? How does that work on drones above the weight but without GPS? I have no doubt that the costs associated with such a concept will be passed down to the hobbiest. I'm not saying that being able to track drones is a bad thing. There are cases where there could actually be advantages to it from a security stand point. I'm just saying that they lied the first time and I don't trust them to tell the truth this time.

In the end, they will get this.
"what goes up, will come down... sometimes painfully."
AMA Member... 1063373