Author Topic: lens filters for the mobius  (Read 1833 times)

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
lens filters for the mobius
« on: August 23, 2014, 11:43:34 PM »
does anyone use lens filters on the mobius cam ? I just ran across this add on camera filters. I was thinking about getting a polarizer lens & the ND 1.2 lens.

http://www.eyeofmineactioncameras.com/Mobius_Actioncam_Polarizer_Lens_Filter_p/empf.htm

http://www.eyeofmineactioncameras.com/Mobius_Actioncam_6_ND_Lens_Filter_p/empfnd6.htm

Offline Flyingdeutschman

• Administrator
  • Multi rotors ROCK!
  • Awards: fpv pilotmultipilot goldrcaddictnazacriusmulticoptergoldscalehelihelipilotsilverwaverunner
Re: lens filters for the mobius
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 10:44:15 AM »
I have never seen or heard of those before. Thanks a lot Jeff now I have to get one. My pocket book would be a lot better if you would quit finding these things. :face-slap: :b0206:

Mark

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
  • Men and Their Flying Machines Somewhere Over OZ
  • Awards: On the Fly News Guy450 Fixed PitchMulticopterHelicopterRC AddictHeli PilotOld FartKK2Multicopter
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 11:23:14 AM »
Jeff, I've used the Polaroid filter on film cameras and they do make a big difference. They are known for taking glare out specially when shooting into the sun. Mind you it won't take it all out, but it does help. The other filter claims to yank the jello out and frankly, that would be seeing to believe. Hope this helps and thanks for the link. :t2030: :t2030: :t2030:

:coolguy:   ***Ice***

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 01:31:23 AM »
your welcome Mark

:t2030: :t2030: Ice
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:32:59 AM by highflyer »

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 07:44:04 AM »
I received the polarizer lens filter for the mobius cam yesterday. b0111.gif I haven't tried recording with it yet, but took some still pictures with & without filter. as far as the filter goes its cheap the filter is thin plastic almost like 35mm film negative. :t2102: it came in two pieces you need to put filter into the holder then on camera WHAT A JOKE. :t2102: you need to be VERY VERY careful when removing the filter from cam the slightest breeze and it will blow away. this is NOT worth the $9.00 bucks I payed for it. :t2416: if this was a one piece filter then it would be worth the money. cuz it does work.

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 10:40:02 AM »
Poorly constructed, but you can't argue with the results.

Maybe could've gotten some sort of polarizing film from camera store? Never played with that stuff so  :t2954: