Author Topic: Mobius 1080 Camera  (Read 8037 times)

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
  • Men and Their Flying Machines Somewhere Over OZ
  • Awards: On the Fly News Guy450 Fixed PitchMulticopterHelicopterRC AddictHeli PilotOld FartKK2Multicopter
Mobius 1080 Camera
« on: November 03, 2013, 04:30:51 PM »
After doing some reviews on mini cameras, so far this one here leads the pack for the price. The Mobius 1080 mini camera can be set up through the camera or through a GUI from the PC. It's small enough where weight is not a factor compared to a GOPRO, but then again the video quality just might not be the same anyway.

Here's the lowdown

http://www.massiverc.com/PrestaShop/en/136-mobius-1080p-hd-action-camera.html

Here's a video review:

And the manual:
http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/MobiusManual.pdf

What I do know is that there are only a few select places to purchase a true Mobius camera, one of them is MassiveRC.com. Be careful because there are places that might say they are true Mobius, but they are just Chinese clones, so buyer beware.

I think this camera is definitely going on my bucket list for the future.

:freeze:   Ice

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline Roundman54

• Global Moderator
  • Hi I'm Duane I am a heli holic
  • Awards: Stupid PilotsMulti bronzeHoneybee goldTrex 600450 cloneRC addictHeli goldCrotchety Old FartTrex 600
Re: Mobius 1080 Camera
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 05:06:09 PM »
Looks pretty interesting Ed would love to see it in action if you get one looks like a bit better than a #18 Key chain cam, much bigger lens on it.  :t2030:  Duane
I need a 12step progrm 4 my Heli Addiction

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
  • Awards: On the Fly News Guy450 Fixed PitchMulticopterHelicopterRC AddictHeli PilotOld FartKK2Multicopter
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 05:52:58 PM »
Mobius does make a # 18 keycam for half the cost. But it only gets 720dp on the video quality. It is a good camera as well. but the 1080 just gives it that extra in the quality department. The more you want the more you pay I guess.  :scratching_chin1:

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline Flyingdeutschman

• Administrator
  • Multi rotors ROCK!
  • Awards: fpv pilotmultipilot goldrcaddictnazacriusmulticoptergoldscalehelihelipilotsilverwaverunner
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 08:50:14 PM »
Does any one have this cam yet?

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 10:39:43 PM »
I'm hoping to get this from the kids for Christmas. I've been wanting it for awhile. Stay tuned after the holidays :t2030: :t2030: :t2030:

Offline Flyingdeutschman

• Administrator
  • Multi rotors ROCK!
  • Awards: fpv pilotmultipilot goldrcaddictnazacriusmulticoptergoldscalehelihelipilotsilverwaverunner
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 10:42:16 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and order one now. Thanks Ed. :t2030:

Mark dancing

Offline Flyingdeutschman

• Administrator
  • Multi rotors ROCK!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 10:45:05 PM »
Should i buy it from the link you supplied?

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 10:52:35 PM »
That link that I posted was for a legit seller for the Mobius, There are knockoff out there, But from the info I got, its one of the best ones out there here in the US.

http://www.massiverc.com/PrestaShop/en/136-mobius-1080p-hd-action-camera.html

I'm jealous, i'll have to wait until Santa stops by.  :t2416:

From all the reports, I think you'll be happy with that one.
That was fast :b0703: :b0703: :b0703: :b0703:

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 11:30:00 PM »
Santa's little helper just ordered me a new Mobius 1080dp camera  :t2980: :t2980: :t2980: :t2980:

Offline Skysurfer

• Video King
  • Multirotor Pilot
  • Be Blessed
  • Awards: Heli Pilot silverHeli  bronzeKk2 userMulticopter PilotMulticopter
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 08:39:53 AM »
Nice, can it do FPV?
John 3:16

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 11:45:22 AM »
No FPV, at least I do not think so. I use a different camera for my FPV quad.

This is what i'm running on the FPV quad

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/600TVL-SONY-SUPER-HAD-CCD-D%252dWDR-Color-Board-Camera-with-OSD-Menu-DNR.html

The remod XL will only be for capturing video on a lighter LOS platform.

:freeze:  Ice 

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 07:08:56 PM »
To Sky:
There are those who think that using the same camera for FPV and videography is not such a good idea.
Your video camera is doing multiple duty (video at 1080, snap shot bursts, etc). Asking it to also be your eye in the sky might just be asking for trouble if it should decide to go on the fritz or lose power.

Lots of reasons why this wouldn't happen, but it only takes one for it to happen. Like Ice, I prefer to keep mine separate.

r

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2013, 11:30:46 AM »
Well the Mobius 1080 came in on Christmas eve, found it on the porch that afternoon. Will have time to play after the holidays  :b0111: :b0111: :b0111:

More later  :t2030: :t2030: :t2030:

Offline Skysurfer

• Video King
  • Multirotor Pilot
  • Be Blessed
  • Awards: Heli Pilot silverHeli  bronzeKk2 userMulticopter PilotMulticopter
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2013, 12:21:44 PM »
To Sky:
There are those who think that using the same camera for FPV and videography is not such a good idea.
Your video camera is doing multiple duty (video at 1080, snap shot bursts, etc). Asking it to also be your eye in the sky might just be asking for trouble if it should decide to go on the fritz or lose power.

Lots of reasons why this wouldn't happen, but it only takes one for it to happen. Like Ice, I prefer to keep mine separate.

r

Thanks for the explanation Randy, Ok two separate cameras, definitely a 1080p also.
John 3:16

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 12:57:05 PM »
Had a chance this morning to check out the new Mobius 1080DP camera,

Now to just download the manual and charge the camera up to see the results.

:b0111: :b0111: :b0111: :b0111:

« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:27:27 PM by icecycler »