Author Topic: Mobius 1080 Camera  (Read 8038 times)

Offline Flyingdeutschman

• Administrator
  • Multi rotors ROCK!
  • Awards: fpv pilotmultipilot goldrcaddictnazacriusmulticoptergoldscalehelihelipilotsilverwaverunner
Re: Mobius 1080 Camera
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2014, 04:49:50 PM »
I could get the cam to start recording when plugged in, Power on= start recording and power off=stop recording.
I can make the mobius record on the fly using a switch  my TX. I have to get this to do it and might buy a couple of them as you can use it to toggle the led lights also.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350774141588?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#ht_951wt_1007
Pretty cool. :t2923:
This will be awesome to start and stop recording by flicking a switch on my TX while the quad is in the air.
 :t2980: :b0111: :b0111: :b0111:

Mark dancing
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 06:07:59 PM by Flyingdeutschman »

Offline Davesheli

• It's all about the Multi's..
  • Administrator
  • I Love flying my Hedge Hog, I mean Quad...
    • DavesHeli YouTube Channel
  • Awards: Multi builder Multi Pilot GoldKk2 userHelicopter PilotQuad Pilot
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2014, 09:02:07 PM »
OK Mark, so how does it work????  :b0708:  :scratching_chin1:

:coolguy:

Offline Flyingdeutschman

• Administrator
  • Multi rotors ROCK!
  • Awards: fpv pilotmultipilot goldrcaddictnazacriusmulticoptergoldscalehelihelipilotsilverwaverunner
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2014, 11:01:58 PM »
As soon as i get the RX switch I will do a full report on it. :t2030: With video, :t2030:

Mark dancing

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2014, 06:08:10 AM »
As soon as i get the RX switch I will do a full report on it. :t2030: With video, :t2030:

Mark dancing

:t2030:

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
  • Men and Their Flying Machines Somewhere Over OZ
  • Awards: On the Fly News Guy450 Fixed PitchMulticopterHelicopterRC AddictHeli PilotOld FartKK2Multicopter
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2014, 03:21:21 PM »
Well, I finally got around to programming the Mobius, Uploaded the latest firmware and set the parameters,  shes getting a well deserved charge. The stuff on the to do list is finally dwindling,  :b0111:

:freeze:   Ice

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2014, 10:49:09 AM »
I realize this is an old topic, but I received mine in the mail last night and have some questions.
I got it from here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151071891306?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Downloaded the manual and the gui interface and all is well there. Have not had a chance to do anything else with it, but do remember seeing a post by Jerry that he overpowered one and killed it. On the "gift" cable they included with the camera ("Buy Mobius now and get a free TV cable!"). The cable is the one shown in the image on ebay and it has a red sticker on it that says something about 5V. At the end of the cable that has the sticker is a USB plug. What do it mean? And if it is for powering the cam, why is there a USB plug on the end.  :t2954:

As for the 5V thingy why do I need to worry about that if it has its own battery power.  :t2954: this either.

thanks for the help.

Offline Flyingdeutschman

• Administrator
  • Multi rotors ROCK!
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2014, 11:07:31 AM »
You don't need to worry about External power Randy unless you plan on using a RX switch to start/stop video on the fly. Otherwise you just use the Mobius power.

Mark

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
  • Men and Their Flying Machines Somewhere Over OZ
  • Awards: On the Fly News Guy450 Fixed PitchMulticopterHelicopterRC AddictHeli PilotOld FartKK2Multicopter
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2014, 11:59:05 AM »
The USB powers the camera for the GUI settings and is also used to charge the battery. Otherwise the camera has enough standby power for about 3.5 hours of running. Unless you want to run onboard power you should get the cable from RMRC. but then you have to ad an additional battery for 5v.

:coolguy:   ***Ice***

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline Flyingdeutschman

• Administrator
  • Multi rotors ROCK!
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2014, 12:39:11 PM »
Yea mine came with the supplied usb cable for charging/uploading videos like the one showed here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mobius-ActionCam-1080p-Full-HD-Video-Camera-/360782935932?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item540056b77c

You can use that one you got for charging off of your computer also as Ed had said, but I prefer the USB cable so it will charge while I upload.
The only time I have used that "TV" power cord was for Switched operation which involves external power ( Lipo battery) for it to work and I used one of my Ladybird batteries for that.

Mark

Offline Jerry Campbell

• Forum Zombies
    • Home Sweet Home
  • Awards: FPV PilotMultipilot GoldGlider PilotCriusRC Addict450 Clonemulti silver
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2014, 09:49:29 PM »
If I am flying around taking videos I always use the internal battery in the Mobius. If I am going to use the video out I have always used the 5volts in to power the camera. It doesn't have to be done that way, it's just the way I do it. There is plenty of battery for most flying purposes. If you let it sit all night using motion detection or time lapse then you need to power it externally. A sweet little camera.

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2014, 01:13:00 PM »
OK, so I got this camera for Christmas and I guess I need to download the latest FW file thingy.

Links to it and how do I do it?

I am not good with this download stuff and got frustrated with Google Chrome changing how to add to my bookmarks.  :b0201:

So any help will be much appreciated.  :b0206:

:coolguy:

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club