Author Topic: Retracting Antenna ???  (Read 958 times)

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
  • Men and Their Flying Machines Somewhere Over OZ
  • Awards: On the Fly News Guy450 Fixed PitchMulticopterHelicopterRC AddictHeli PilotOld FartKK2Multicopter
Retracting Antenna ???
« on: February 04, 2015, 08:52:55 PM »
this was a double take when I saw this little gizmo. What would make you want to fly with an antenna hanging down below the frame like. This is a bit much, but check it out. Different strokes for different folks.

The Hobbyking retractable antenna system is designed for FPV use. This allows the Antenna to be mounted far away from sources of obstruction and RF noise. On smaller MultiRotors proper separation is hard to do with size constraints, now with the flip of a switch the antenna can be deployed for an unobstructed Locked In FPV experience.

The retraction allows for takeoff and landing without the need of unsightly tall landing skids as well as easy transportation. The boom can be cut to any length and comes with the proper Antenna to TX extension and mount.  For activation you will just need one extra channel on you tx to operate the retract unit as it comes complete with the actuation unit and motor.

Features:
Allows for an unobstructed FPV Antenna without sacrificing portability and size
Comes with extension cable
Adjustable length
CNC Alu retraction unit.

Specs:
 Mounting: 21x25mm
 Weight: 33g
 Boom: 4mm carbon 300mm (cut to length)
 Extension: 510mm (SMA)

:t2954:

PRODUCT ID: 9107000360-0

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=72892&aff=292531

On The Fly NewsGuy:

:freeze:   ****Ice****

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
Re: Retracting Antenna ???
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 10:26:32 AM »
Strange. I don't think I would want that hanging down underneath my quad - unless I am reading it wrong. You retract it - meaning it would be in a horizontal position when taking off and landing and it would be extended down below when flying?

I think the better position when flying would be in the retracted position.