Author Topic: FPV Quad Racing at the Rumblecloud Ranch  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
FPV Quad Racing at the Rumblecloud Ranch
« on: April 21, 2015, 11:32:19 AM »
Weather permitting this should be a fun day!
Videos and pics later.

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
  • Men and Their Flying Machines Somewhere Over OZ
  • Awards: On the Fly News Guy450 Fixed PitchMulticopterHelicopterRC AddictHeli PilotOld FartKK2Multicopter
Re: FPV Quad Racing at the Rumblecloud Ranch
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 02:06:32 PM »
When are you shooting for Randy?

:freeze:    ****Ice****

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 02:37:47 PM »
Weird. I put a notice in the calender and it showed up here as well - without a title and just the weather reference.

Because the original proposed date (May 23) is Memorial Day weekend, we moved it to the 16th of May, weather permitting.

My concern is that it's too unpredictable. Between now and then we normally receive a lot of rain, which has to dry out enough for me to get in the field and cut the track. Plus it's still generally pretty windy. I guess the wind isn't as big an issue as the rain cause the little 250s tend to cut through that anyway if they stay close to ground.

What I would like for this race is a smaller turnout so we can work out the bugs, then, if everything goes ok, hold another race later in the summer and push that one.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:39:44 PM by Rumblecloud »

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
  • Awards: On the Fly News Guy450 Fixed PitchMulticopterHelicopterRC AddictHeli PilotOld FartKK2Multicopter
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 04:05:56 PM »
That's sounds like a good plan. how big were you planning on making the track. similar to what your flying now in the front part of the homestead behind the trees, or smaller?

:freeze:   ****Ice****

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 04:12:35 AM »
Yes it is 4 oclock in the morning. I can't sleep.

I'm going to use the one track I have been flying and maybe cut another shorter one, depending on the turn-out. I've let them known they can bring their bigger helis and smaller quads if they like. So we'll see as things get closer.

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 01:54:14 PM »
Sounds like its going to be a gas. Time restraints on my part don't allow me to make the trek  :t2321:

Maybe the next time...

:freeze:   ****Ice****

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 09:05:49 PM »
Edward...it is a long summer.
And we don't need no "event" to go flying, if you know what I mean.

If you don't know what I mean, that is an open invite to come up for the weekend or weekdays or wutever...no pressure. Think about it. It's pretty up here