Author Topic: popup adds  (Read 877 times)

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
popup adds
« on: November 14, 2013, 09:45:19 PM »
how do I get rid of all these     POP UPs that keep showing up on my computer. I tried everything but no luck   this is the sight that tells me how to uninstall it  :b0201:   its a sight called OpenApp Media

Home
Terms
Privacy
AD INFORMATION

OpenApp Media provides advertising technology for the software applications--specifically browser plug-in applications. We strive to bring you the most relevant and compelling offers while being non-intrusive. Our advertising platform enables software developers to generate revenue for their efforts and enables them to maintain and continue to build software applications.

If you no longer wish to see OpenApp Media advertisements, uninstall the software application that you are using that uses OpenApp Media. Once uninstalled, you will no longer see any advertisements, but will also no longer have access to the software application.

Listed below are different ways to uninstall the application. Choose the option that is most pertinent to your operating system and/or browser.

To uninstall software applications in Windows, click Start > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs, and then choose the software to uninstall.
You can also uninstall software applications in Windows by going to Start Menu > Computer > C Drive > Program Files or Program Files (x86) > [program name] > Uninstall
To uninstall Internet Explorer Add-ons (Windows), from within Internet Explorer click the settings icon > Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions, and then choose the Extension you would like to uninstall.
To uninstall Firefox extensions (Windows or Mac OSX), from within Firefox click Tools > Add-ons > Extensions, and then choose the Extension you would like to uninstall.
To uninstall Chrome extensions (Windows or Mac OSX), from Chrome click the tool icon > Tools > Extensions, and then choose the Extension you would like to uninstall.
To uninstall Safari extensions (Windows or Mac OSX), from Safari click the Safari drop-down menu or File, and > Preferences > Extensions, and then choose the Extension you would like to uninstall.
Thanks for visiting OpenApp Media, and we welcome any and all feedback to feedback@openappmedia.com

2011 OpenApp Media All Rights Reserved

I went though everything on my computer and can't find anything to remove this        :t2321:

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
Re: popup adds
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 10:05:10 PM »
What machine are you using:
What OS are you using:
What browser are you using:
Are you using Google Chrome?

Can't say for sure I can help, but I will give it a shot tomorrow. More than likely you installed an add on and did the express install "recommended" and they snuck in a gateway that pulls in ads. It will most likely be buried and hard to find, but you can do it.

Have you done a simple search of your machine for OpenApp? I would start there.
Most likely turning on the pop-up blocker in your browser won't work, but if you haven't tried that it would be worth a shot.

I'll take a look around tomorrow and see what I can find.

r
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:07:56 PM by Rumblecloud »

Offline AKPhill

• Multirotor Expert
  • Awards: multicopter goldCX 450HK 450RC AddictCriusMulti PilotHeli BuilderOld Fart
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 10:25:29 PM »
Yeah install popup blocker and adblock to your extension list should take care of it

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 10:29:35 PM »
   RC &  AKPhill  thanks  :t2030:

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 10:42:56 PM »
  I got rid of it there was a download that was over looked   don't know how it got on there but the wife happened to find it by accident.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 11:50:56 PM by highflyer(uscg) »

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 09:36:40 AM »
Good job! Congrats to the Wife.

Never accept the express install when your downloading or adding plug-ins or apps to your browser. Choose Custom Install and look at everything they're going to install.

r

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 10:17:56 AM »
 :t2030:  RC  I downloaded some smiley emoticons I'm sure that's where it came from.  :t1933: