Author Topic: Flashing kk 2.0 with the newest firmware.  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Ceolwulf

• Helicopter Pilot
  • Awards: Multi BuilderMulti PilotPlanker PilotHeli PilotGround PounderKK2 FCHelicopter GoldRC Addict
Flashing kk 2.0 with the newest firmware.
« on: November 17, 2013, 07:29:33 PM »
Here is what you need http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__27990__USBasp_AVR_Programming_Device_for_ATMEL_proccessors.html
you can also find it on ebay pretty cheap
latest firmware here http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__24723__Hobbyking_KK2_0_Multi_rotor_LCD_Flight_Control_Board.html under file tabs
then last thing you need is http://lazyzero.de/en/modellbau/kkmulticopterflashtool

here is a short video I found(not mine)

It is very easy to do and only takes a couple of minutes

RC  Addict at his best

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
  • Awards: FPV PilotRC AddictKK2 userMulticopter PilotScrap builds multisBuild helis
Re: Flashing kk 2.0 with the newest firmware.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 08:09:11 PM »
+1! Flashing is easy, and the newer firmwares for the KK2 are much, much better than the early versions.
"I'm learning to fly, around the clouds
But what goes up, must come down"
                                   Tom Petty

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
  • Men and Their Flying Machines Somewhere Over OZ
  • Awards: On the Fly News Guy450 Fixed PitchMulticopterHelicopterRC AddictHeli PilotOld FartKK2Multicopter
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 10:04:03 PM »
Now if only HK can keep up with the demand, life would be better. Talked with them tonite, they have no clue when those boards are going to be back in stock. Get ready for round two of the $100.00 KK.2 boards.  :t26144: :t26144: :t26144:

On the fly newsguy

:freeze:   Ice

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline sdodd

• Awards: Multi bronzeSleeps with the fish
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 12:14:29 AM »
Now if only HK can keep up with the demand, life would be better. Talked with them tonite, they have no clue when those boards are going to be back in stock. Get ready for round two of the $100.00 KK.2 boards.  :t26144: :t26144: :t26144:

On the fly newsguy

:freeze:   Ice

I got a new KK2 this week from HK and flashed it to steveis with a bit of effort.
_______
It only has six brushless motors, six ESCs, whirling propellers, batteries, computer, barometer, gyroscopes, GPS and a radios ... what could possibly go wrong?

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
  • Awards: FPV PilotRC AddictKK2 userMulticopter PilotScrap builds multisBuild helis
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 06:03:08 AM »
For pure fun, ease of flying and value for your money, KK2 boards are really hard to beat, especially with improved firmware like Steveis and RC911.  I've built several multi's with KK2 boards, sold some of them, but still have two, as well as a spare board for just in case.  Great to have when you just want to go fly.
"I'm learning to fly, around the clouds
But what goes up, must come down"
                                   Tom Petty