Author Topic: question on this camera  (Read 496 times)

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
question on this camera
« on: December 07, 2016, 05:07:33 AM »
I was thinking about getting this camera. I plan on putting it on a Tripod or use it as a hat cam to record or take pictures while flying. I was wondering if the WiFi signal from the remote that goes on your wrist to operate the camera if it will interfere with the signal from my turnigy  9X and the receiver ?

https://www.amazon.com/AKASO-EK7000-Waterproof-Rechargeable-Kits-Black/dp/B01HGM33HG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481102851&sr=8-1&keywords=AKASO+EK7000+4K+WIFI+Sports+Action+Camera+Ultra+HD+Waterproof+DV+Camcorder+12MP+170+Degree+Wide+Angle+2+inch+LCD+Screen%2F2.4G+Remote+Control%2F2+Rechargeable+Batteries%2F19+Mounting+Kits-Black

here is a video of it. skip to 15.05 the video doesn't look too bad.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 05:43:39 AM by highflyer »

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
  • I have become comfortably numb
  • Awards: KK2Heli Pilot SilverHelicopter SilverRC AddictMulti Pilot BronzeOld Farts ClubMulti Pilot Bronze
Re: question on this camera
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 09:56:24 PM »
I don't know about interference but it sure does have a nice picture.  :t2030:

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 09:41:30 AM »
http://www.dronevibes.com/forums/threads/anyone-use-gopro-wifi-successfully-with-2-4ghz-tx-rx.14984/

Jeff, looks like you're not the only one asking this question.

I just did a search using GoPro as the subject matter. The link above was typical of most of the search result topics.

Most people don't use the wifi simply because of the lag time between pushing the button and the camera actually taking the picture.

Forgot to mention I have the wifi with my GoPro and have never used it -- well once just to see if it worked.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 09:43:29 AM by Rumblecloud »

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 01:51:34 PM »
 :t2030: Randy

after thinking about it I don't think I'll be using the WiFi. I didn't order that camera I ended up buying this one on sale for 65.00 I now need to figure out where the H**L I'm going to put it on my 450. I don't have much room left on there I already have the mobius and gimbal on it not sure why I want a second cam on it.   

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LEH25W8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 02:15:05 PM by highflyer »