Author Topic: I have a question on this TX  (Read 4205 times)

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
  • Awards: FPV PilotRC AddictKK2 userMulticopter PilotScrap builds multisBuild helis
Re: I have a question on this TX
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 05:56:48 PM »
The battery that comes with it is very good.  Mine is still doing fine after 2 years.
"I'm learning to fly, around the clouds
But what goes up, must come down"
                                   Tom Petty

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2017, 06:24:26 PM »
The battery that comes with it is very good.  Mine is still doing fine after 2 years.
:t2030: :t2030:

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2017, 10:58:39 PM »
The one that comes with it is adequate. I used mine for over a year and never really had any issues, but I did upgrade it to a Lipo. If you decide to upgrade, you will have to remove the battery to charge it. The external charger won't work - at least that's the way it was when I did mine and that may have changed.

And it looks like it has:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-1500mah-life-3s-9-9v-transmitter-pack-taranis-compatible.html

:t2030:

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
  • Awards: FPV PilotRC AddictKK2 userMulticopter PilotScrap builds multisBuild helis
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2017, 06:52:18 AM »
The battery that came with mine is a Ni-mh and as I said, it has performed well.  I was going to upload a picture, but Photobucket, with all its adds, makes me tired these days. What's a good alternative that doesn't have a ton of adds?
                                   Tom Petty

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 09:12:22 AM »
I'm glad you said that cause I thought it was me. That site totally sucks.

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2017, 09:34:39 AM »
thanks for the info  :t2030: the reason I asked about upgrading the battery I've seen a few videos saying the battery that comes with it doesn't last long. since you guys had no problems with it I'll leave it alone  :t2030: I've been watching a few videos on that Tx, HOLY S**T what did I get myself into  :b0703: so be prepared for a ton of questions. my first question is I have my F450 with Naza Lite which I have setup with my 9X and using the D8R 11 plus RX. I plan on upgrading to the  FrSky X8R 2.4G 16CH SBUS Smart Port Telemetry Receiver sometime before spring. but in the meantime will I be able to just bind my new Tx to it and copy my settings off my 9X to the new Tx? or will I have to start all over? BTW I'm getting the TX tomorrow  b0111.gif

thanks Jeff  :coolguy:

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2017, 06:18:26 PM »
You should be able to copy the model with Open TX Companion and then load right onto the Taranis.  Randy will likely know more about that than me, although I have used it a fair amount, it has been awhile.  I've been busy trying to learn all I can about the Phantom 4 here lately.  :t2030: :t2030:
                                   Tom Petty

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2017, 08:21:35 AM »
 :t2030: Tom
BTW how do you like the Phantom 4? I've watched videos you posted and are very nice :t2030:

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2017, 11:11:31 AM »
So far, I have found the Phantom 4 to be an amazing machine.  It is incredibly stable, very functional and easy to use, and the camera and gimbal are exceptional.  Some of my video footage from a hover looks like a still shot until something moves across the frame; it is that steady--truly a flying tripod.  I also really like the long flight time of 20+ minutes, and the HD feedback to the tablet along with the ability to switch from video to stills and back, either from the tablet or from the controller, all together make this a very useful aerial imagery package.
                                   Tom Petty

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2017, 11:38:52 AM »
So far, I have found the Phantom 4 to be an amazing machine.  It is incredibly stable, very functional and easy to use, and the camera and gimbal are exceptional.  Some of my video footage from a hover looks like a still shot until something moves across the frame; it is that steady--truly a flying tripod.  I also really like the long flight time of 20+ minutes, and the HD feedback to the tablet along with the ability to switch from video to stills and back, either from the tablet or from the controller, all together make this a very useful aerial imagery package.
:t2030: keep the videos coming enjoy watching them :t2030:

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2017, 04:08:18 PM »
 :t2980: I received my Taranis today & my Campark 16MP 3K camera. I've been going through all the settings on this Tx :b0703: I'm going to need help that's for sure. how the F*** do they expect a person to learn how to use this from one page of instructions. :b0708: not going to try and program it til Tuesday when I receive the  FrSky X8R 2.4G 16CH SBUS Smart Port Telemetry Receiver that I just ordered.

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2017, 05:01:46 PM »
Here's a good link for help with the Taranis.  I really like the "Amber" voice for the various commands. http://open-txu.org/home/v2-1-resources/
                                   Tom Petty

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2017, 06:14:53 AM »
Here's a good link for help with the Taranis.  I really like the "Amber" voice for the various commands. http://open-txu.org/home/v2-1-resources/
:t2981: Tom I haven't had time to look at it yet. what do I need to do to add it on my Tx, thanks

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2017, 06:33:41 AM »
Here's a good, short video on how it's done: http://open-txu.org/tag/sound-files/

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 07:43:04 AM by Davesheli »
                                   Tom Petty

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2017, 08:33:28 AM »
 :t2030:
OpenTX University is a great resource. It contains everything you need to know - in text - from the experts. You can pick an choose what you need then reinforce it with vids just as Tom has show.

Then if you're still confused you can ask us and we'll really take you sideways  :b0201: