Author Topic: I have a computer question  (Read 1474 times)

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
I have a computer question
« on: November 19, 2013, 03:38:17 PM »
I just noticed on my laptop on the bottom right corner there is a small icon that says tube dimmer is running. its never been there before does anyone know what its means.  I went though everything on my computer and couldn't find anything.

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
Re: I have a computer question
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 04:32:29 PM »
http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/websearch/uzJuhdh6h5A

Geeezzz  Jeffery. What have you been doing?

A quick google on Tube Dimmer and I was overloaded.

IT doesn't look like an easy fix unless you fairly good at windows registry hacking. You might be better off taking it to Best buy or someplace like that.

EDIT: here's another that seems more helpful:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513702/tube-dimmer/

r
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 04:35:45 PM by Rumblecloud »

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 05:35:01 PM »
   RC  I haven't been doing anything on it at least nothing I'm not suppose to. my wife has been on playing her stupid  games and who knows what else. but so far it seems to be running ok.

Virus     

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 09:04:33 PM »
  I got rid of that tube dimmer malware virus. 

RC for all your help  :t2030: the sites you told me to try didn't work to remove the tube dimmer. my step sons girl friend told me to try these two sites  :t2980: it worked. :b0703: and removed 87 other viruses  :b0703:  here are the sites she told me to use.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb?hl=en-US

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 09:11:37 PM by highflyer(uscg) »

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 09:37:43 PM »
Congrats Jeff!

Way to get after 'em :t2980:

r

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
  • Men and Their Flying Machines Somewhere Over OZ
  • Awards: On the Fly News Guy450 Fixed PitchMulticopterHelicopterRC AddictHeli PilotOld FartKK2Multicopter
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 05:53:01 PM »
That malwarebytes is the best, been using it for a couple of years. Was using the beta version until last May, that's when I bought the full version to get some crap off that my sons friend left me on my computer.  :face-slap:

:freeze:    Ice

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
  • I have become comfortably numb
  • Awards: KK2Heli Pilot SilverHelicopter SilverRC AddictMulti Pilot BronzeOld Farts ClubMulti Pilot Bronze
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 06:52:26 PM »
Hey Highflyer, I used to be a computer tech for the State and one thing we found was most tool bars cause problems. They open things in the background that may hose up the system. If you have any tool bars in your browser go to programs and delete them. That probably won't get rid of anything that they already loaded but it will keep them from loading any more. Just my 2 cents  :t2030:

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 06:55:31 PM »
 :t2030: Ice  after downloading it yesterday I seen it was only a 14 day free trail.  :t2102: so i ended up going on amazon and buying the malwarebytes pro. I received it today  :t2980: I'm happy with this software :t2030: I seen its only licensed for one computer so I ordered another one for the wife. I'm happy that I was able to get rid of that tube dimmer S**T b0111.gif

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 07:02:32 PM »
 :t2981: Bigal  for the info  :t2030:  I will check into that.

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
  • Awards: On the Fly News Guy450 Fixed PitchMulticopterHelicopterRC AddictHeli PilotOld FartKK2Multicopter
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 07:32:04 PM »
I went directly to malwarebytes, D/L beta version, used it for years on all my computers. Only this time. I had a problem and had to buy the full version to see if it would clean it up. Most but not all, my IT guys at work did the rest. But it does catch a lot of unwanted SH-T.

:freeze:   Ice

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline AKPhill

• Multirotor Expert
  • Awards: multicopter goldCX 450HK 450RC AddictCriusMulti PilotHeli BuilderOld Fart
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 08:53:04 PM »
been running those programs for 5 years on my laptop never a problem
Also run avg free same time

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 09:18:59 PM »
My friends down in the IT room all swear that Microsoft still has the best anti -virus program going. Better than Norton which is a memory grabbing software and better than MCAfee.  :scratching_chin1:

:freeze:   Ice

Offline AKPhill

• Multirotor Expert
  • Awards: multicopter goldCX 450HK 450RC AddictCriusMulti PilotHeli BuilderOld Fart
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 12:06:19 AM »
anything is better than nortans  :b0230: