Author Topic: Freewing A-10 Twin 80mm EDF Jet 1700mm Wingspan  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
Re: Freewing A-10 Twin 80mm EDF Jet 1700mm Wingspan
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2018, 09:30:43 AM »
Such a great looking plane. Is landing on a grass field a bit more hazardous for the landing gear? It seems like it would be. You make it look easy though.  :t2030:

I mentioned before we have an airbase about 20 miles from me and a squadron of A10s are based there. They've been flying more frequently lately and sometimes come over my house usually in a group of three. Sometimes they are pretty low and really loud. They are a site to see.

Thanks for posting.

Offline GaryX1001

• Airplane Pilot
  • Awards: Trex 500 & 550Planker BuilderRC AddictPlanker Builder Gold3D pilotHelicopter GoldHeli Pilot GoldCopter X
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2018, 02:30:58 PM »
landing on grass is ok if set down right.
you didn't see it on Screen but: after being back on my car after the flight i took the plane to set it in the stand to disassemble it, but when i took it it lost the whole main landing gear, so i had luck! landing on grass without the gear would destroy the complete plane, as the weapon holders would stick into the grass and force a complete damage.

in September i go to CZ airbase where a airshow with SU-27, L-39, Spitfire, Yak-3u and some more is. i hope i can do Video there  :t2980:

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2018, 11:36:08 AM »
Good luck with the video at the air show. When we go to the air show here, some places a the air base are restricted  :0042v1:

Glad you found the missing landing gear parts. That would have been a disaster.