Author Topic: need help picking out a good Rx  (Read 427 times)

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
need help picking out a good Rx
« on: October 15, 2017, 04:28:01 PM »
can someone help me pick a good receiver to use with the OrangeRX DSMX DSM2 Compatible 2.4Ghz Transmitter Module V1.2 It's for the Tundra plane I ordered? It say's It will work with any DSMX DSM2 Rx, Are the orange Rx really reliable or should I spend the extra $$ on a spectrum Rx? or should I get a Rx that will work with the Taranis and not use the orange module? I just want a good reliable RX but need help picking a good one.

Thanks, Jeff  :coolguy:

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
  • Awards: FPV PilotRC AddictKK2 userMulticopter PilotScrap builds multisBuild helis
Re: need help picking out a good Rx
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 06:59:24 AM »
I have 4 or 5 of the Orange receivers, and I've never had any problems with them.  I do use satellites with them for added insurance on range, which adds a little more cost, but even with that they were still inexpensive.
"I'm learning to fly, around the clouds
But what goes up, must come down"
                                   Tom Petty

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 10:06:16 AM »
Thanks Tom  :t2030:

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 09:02:18 AM »
Same here with the Orange, although I haven't used them for awhile. I had them on all my choppers and Bixlers. I still have it on a Bix and use the Taranis.

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 12:10:49 PM »
Thanks Randy

I never used the orange Rx before that's why I was asking good to know they work good that will save me a few $$. looks like I'll be getting the Tundra on Monday  :t2980: I might need help setting up the flaps?? one question I have is can I set up the flaps on a 3-way switch and also on the slider? I know it's a dumb question but I never had flaps on any of my planes.

Jeff  :coolguy:

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 05:32:29 PM »
Not a dumb question around here especially.  :face-slap:

With the Taranis, I don't see why you wouoln't be able to set control your flaps with two different switches.

With a switch, you can set it to full on/off or anywhere in between. You can also have it travel slowly to full on/off. With the slider, it would probably work like it would with a camera platform for panning. Not sure how that would work while you're trying to fly with one hand and dialing in the flaps with the other though  :b0708:

Offline wizzard363

• Airplane Expert
  • Awards: Planker pilotPlanker builder
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 03:01:22 PM »
Orange + satellite will be fine . Biggest pfoblem i have found over the years is the inbuit becs in the esc tend to fail under load causing low voltage to rx and making it appear the rx has failed . Invest in a 5A external bec or even a rx pack