Author Topic: need help please  (Read 273 times)

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
need help please
« on: November 05, 2017, 05:50:39 PM »
I just installed the orange module on my Taranis and having problems getting it to bind with the orange R720X - V2 receiver. I've watched videos on it even Randy's all I get is a red blinking light on the module and no light on the RX. is there some settings on the radio I need too set up? I have the external module set to DSM2 & DSMX I also had both set to DSM2 - DSM2 & DSMX - DSMX and still only getting red blinking lights.

thanks for any help Jeff  :coolguy:

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
Re: need help please
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 07:56:01 PM »
Hey Jeff...
Just went through the process to re-familiarize myself with it -- what a pain -- but it was fun. I hadda remember what a "Bind Plug" was and then I hadda find one  :headslap:

First thing, make sure the module is plugged in properly (all pins are seated  -   I know you know about this but wanted to remind you.
Put the radio in PPM mode. I know.... just do it.

Also get used to changing the "working mode" on the orange module cause it ain't no exact science. There are four modes and you may have to cycle through each one of them while in the bind mode in order to find the right one. Once you do however the bind will be almost immediate from flashing yellow to solid.

Plug the module into the back of the radio. Turn the radio on to make sure it is getting power, then turn the radio off.
Get your RX ready with the bind plug inserted and powered on. I used an old Plush ESC plugged into the throttle port on the RX.

With the RX flashing, then turn on the radio. This is important. If you turn the radio on first it won't work.
Now hold down the bind button on the back of the module. If it doesn't bind right away, change the working mode. Hold down the bind button again. If it doesn't bind, change the working mode...etc...until it binds.

Lemme know if this helps.

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 08:42:06 PM »
 :t2981: Randy I'll work on it tomorrow will let ya know  :coolguy: 

Offline wizzard363

• Airplane Expert
  • Awards: Planker pilotPlanker builder
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 10:27:01 PM »
Have a bit of distance between the tx and rx . You can have binding fail if you are too close , I usualy stand about 15 -20ft away from the rx when binding

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 04:07:08 PM »
well still can't get the Rx to bind  :t1933: after chatting with HK tech support they determined the Rx is faulty so there sending out a new one  :t2030: