Author Topic: Forum Status  (Read 457 times)

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
Forum Status
« on: December 19, 2017, 10:16:11 AM »
I want to keep it going too, but i dunno. It just doesn't seem worth it anymore with all the other avenues for communication. The shifting interests, etc.

The costs are an issue, but not the major one - the main issue is the just the lack of participation.

And I don't fault anyone for that. I understand that life gets in the way. People and interests change. That's just the way it is.

The hosting will expire on the 13th of January I think. I will more than likely re-up. I can save some by reorganizing the directories and eliminating one of them. I have two main urls: rumblecloud.com and rumblecloudrc.com. Rumblecloud is the main one and RC is a sub-directory. I want to eliminate the first one and make RC the main directory and main url. That will cut some costs. I tried doing that earlier, but couldn't get it to work right so I kicked the can down the road.

When I was working.I didn't worry about it cuz my paypal account was always pretty well stocked and Ann didn't pay any attention to it. Now that I am retired - I hate that word - she's playing financial advisor and watching what we spend. That's more of an issue than the actual costs to run the forum.  :coolguy:

I'll figure something out though. So hang in there.  :showing-ass:

Offline Flyingdeutschman

• Administrator
  • Multi rotors ROCK!
  • Awards: fpv pilotmultipilot goldrcaddictnazacriusmulticoptergoldscalehelihelipilotsilverwaverunner
Re: Forum Status
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 10:29:32 AM »
Let me know if you need help with anything Randy. :t2030:

Offline Davesheli

• It's all about the Multi's..
  • Administrator
  • I Love flying my Hedge Hog, I mean Quad...
    • DavesHeli YouTube Channel
  • Awards: Multi builder Multi Pilot GoldKk2 userHelicopter PilotQuad Pilot
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 09:06:40 AM »
I sent you a PM Randy the other day about all this (I know you checked it lol), just let me know when you get a chance...

I will do anything in my power to keep it going, especially if I decide to let the Guides go unless we can somehow join them.... Lots of good info on the Forums, just lost most of the pics...  :frokkelled:

I am on vacation 12/22-12//31 if you need to talk/text or anything, just let me know....  :t2030: :t2030:

:coolguy:

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
  • Awards: FPV PilotRC AddictKK2 userMulticopter PilotScrap builds multisBuild helis
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 02:30:09 PM »
RC,

What do we members need to kick in to share the load?

Tom
"I'm learning to fly, around the clouds
But what goes up, must come down"
                                   Tom Petty

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 02:57:54 PM »
Hey Tom and all,

The offer is greatly appreciated - it really is and I mean that.

But no thank you, not at this time.

It isn't that I don't have the cash, it's that my lovely wife Annie is watching what I do with it  :face-slap: :b0201: more closely now.

Offline Davesheli

• It's all about the Multi's..
  • Administrator
  • I Love flying my Hedge Hog, I mean Quad...
    • DavesHeli YouTube Channel
  • Awards: Multi builder Multi Pilot GoldKk2 userHelicopter PilotQuad Pilot
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 04:23:16 PM »
Randy, it's not our fault you've been married for 90 years to a lovely 30 year old. So no excuses sir........ :face-slap: :face-slap: :face-slap: :face-slap: :b0209: :b0209: :b0209: :showing-ass:

:b0201: :b0201: :b0201: :b0201: :b0201: :b0201:

:coolguy:

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
  • I have become comfortably numb
  • Awards: KK2Heli Pilot SilverHelicopter SilverRC AddictMulti Pilot BronzeOld Farts ClubMulti Pilot Bronze
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 07:17:54 PM »
Hey Randy, I'm sorry you're going through this. I think we can all see the drop in participation but I wanted to say something. This forum is more than just participation with flying and building. I don't know about anyone else but I feel like I have developed friendship with several of you guys, and that is what this forum means to me. I am not saying this to put extra stress on your problem, and I don't know how much it costs to keep something like this running but I do know that I've learned a ton from you guys, hell Randy you took that piece of shit 180 quad and made it work, I'm sure at some expense to you and a great deal of time and you don't know how much I appreciated that. Not everyone would be willing to do that. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is maybe don't shoot down Toms idea without giving it some thought. Even if we don't cover the entire cost, maybe it would be enough to take some of the load off of you. Well thats my two cents for what it's worth.

:t2981: :t2981: :t2981: :t2981: :t2981: :t2981:

Offline Ceolwulf

• Helicopter Pilot
  • Awards: Multi BuilderMulti PilotPlanker PilotHeli PilotGround PounderKK2 FCHelicopter GoldRC Addict
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 10:07:09 AM »
Been away to long wish I could help but my wife lost her job a couple of months ago.  If you end up taking down the forum consider making a facebook group or something similar like another forum I belong to.

RC  Addict at his best

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 09:59:40 AM »
Hey Ceo...
Yeah I've given that a thought as well, but for now I'm gonna stay the course.

I've been thinking about dumping my FB account anyways, just because it is such a time hog as well as a few other things I don't like about it--- like all the ads that occupy the space and the other BS that FB seems to think I am interested in based on their convoluted algorythms.
 :face-slap: :b0201: