Author Topic: ? on the heat plate  (Read 245 times)

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
? on the heat plate
« on: July 12, 2018, 11:23:58 AM »
 :scratching_chin1: I have a question about the heat plate on my printer. I'm using the building suffice sticker sheets and things I print sticks to it like glue and a pain in the A** to remove  :t1933: would I be better off using a glass plate? if so can I put it on top of the suffice?

Thanks, Jeff  :coolguy:

Offline Ceolwulf

• Helicopter Pilot
  • Awards: Multi BuilderMulti PilotPlanker PilotHeli PilotGround PounderKK2 FCHelicopter GoldRC Addict
Re: ? on the heat plate
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 11:25:32 PM »
I personally use 12x12 mirrored tiles from menards clamp to the bed.  Then I spray hairspray on the glass and have had really good adhesion with petg, pla, and abs.  On my petg and abs I have had 15+ hour prints, still haven't tried a long abs print.  Nice part you can switch the tile out and start your next print while it cools down.  After it cools for a couple of minutes it usually pops right  off.

RC  Addict at his best

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
Re: ? on the heat plate
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 12:45:32 PM »
Thanks, Ceolwulf  :t2030: