Author Topic: I have a bug for aerial photography.  (Read 332 times)

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
  • I have become comfortably numb
  • Awards: KK2Heli Pilot SilverHelicopter SilverRC AddictMulti Pilot BronzeOld Farts ClubMulti Pilot Bronze
I have a bug for aerial photography.
« on: August 27, 2018, 01:50:54 PM »
I've been here before and this time I am going through with it. I am going to build an aerial video platform and I am going to need some help. Since money is a bit of an issue I might not be able to have all that I want so I will be weighing cost against features and that is where I will need input from you guys. First of all is the platform, I would like to get away with a 450 quad but I'm not sure that will handle the weight because I would like to mount a 3 axis mount for my Action cam and I want to use Pixhawk flight controller. If I go with a 450 I'll probably have to use the mini stuff so am I giving up anything by going that way as opposed to going with a hexcopter and the full blown Pixhawk hardware? The other question is will a 450 quad have enough ass to lift my camera platform? This should be fun.  :t2980: :t2980: :t2980:

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: KK2Heli Pilot SilverHelicopter SilverRC AddictMulti Pilot BronzeOld Farts ClubMulti Pilot Bronze
Re: I have a bug for aerial photography.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 08:39:46 PM »
I came across an autopilot flight system that looks great and it's less than $60.00, here is the link from Hobbyking.
 https://hobbyking.com/en_us/jiyi-p2-multirotor-autopilot-flight-control-system-v2.html?___store=en_us

I also think I may have settled on a frame, it's a 600mm H style frame with a lot of room for flight gear.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbyking-super-h-600-quadcopter-kit.html?___store=en_us

I figure with enough motor and ESC it should work, any input will be appreciated.  :t2030:

Offline Flyingdeutschman

• Administrator
  • Multi rotors ROCK!
  • Awards: fpv pilotmultipilot goldrcaddictnazacriusmulticoptergoldscalehelihelipilotsilverwaverunner
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 11:01:21 AM »
You better check out if it supports the "H" frame. It is not the same as the "X" I found that out the hard way.

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 12:16:26 AM »
You better check out if it supports the "H" frame. It is not the same as the "X" I found that out the hard way.

I think I've decided against the H frame because It's quite a bit heavier than the DJI hex frame with 2 less motors. I'm sure the flight control systems support that. Thanks for the response.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 12:19:29 AM by Bigal1951 »

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 03:20:37 PM »

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 05:34:00 AM »
 :t2030: Bigal

Pictures of the build would be nice and video of the maiden flight would be great  :t2030: good luck with the build.

Jeff  :coolguy:

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 07:42:17 PM »
I'll do that Jeff, thanks .  :t2030: :t2030: :t2030: