Author Topic: my new spark  (Read 168 times)

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
my new spark
« on: November 27, 2018, 04:17:49 AM »
 :t2980: I got my new fly more spark bundle the other day. I got everything programmed and ready to fly I tested the auto take off it went up about 4 feet and just hovered in one spot no drifting at all. I hooked up my S8 phone and it worked great then hooked up my Ipad 9.4 all I can say is WOW it's great to be able to have FPV and a map showing where your quad is going. this spark is pretty cool I LOVE IT the best money I ever spent on a quad. looks like my hex will be going into retirement? I also bought a nice hardshell case for it. I can't wait to be able to fly it outside to fricken  :freeze: out. anyway here are a few pictures.

Jeff  :coolguy:

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
  • I have become comfortably numb
  • Awards: KK2Heli Pilot SilverHelicopter SilverRC AddictMulti Pilot BronzeOld Farts ClubMulti Pilot Bronze
Re: my new spark
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 04:36:54 AM »
That is cool Jeff, looking forward to more pictures and videos. :t2980: :t2980:

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 08:26:40 AM »
Isn't it great when sh** works the way it's supposed to.

I'm really happy for you Jeff.  :t2980: Enjoy.

Offline Flyingdeutschman

• Administrator
  • Multi rotors ROCK!
  • Awards: fpv pilotmultipilot goldrcaddictnazacriusmulticoptergoldscalehelihelipilotsilverwaverunner
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 08:43:21 PM »
Pretty easy to set up isn't it. :t2030:
Now for the fun learning all the Sh@T it does.

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 01:41:23 AM »
Isn't it great when sh** works the way it's supposed to.

I'm really happy for you Jeff.  :t2980: Enjoy.
yeah it was easy to set up it's nice to have the screen hooked up to the Tx to see everything. Wish I would have gotten the iPad mini through the iPad 9.4 I have is a little big but works great. I have all winter to go through and learn all the settings. Do you use any filters on the camera? I was looking at the UV or pol filter not sure if it's worth it. BTW how do you like yours? I read the battery on the spark sometimes will fall off during flight and people are using a battery strap to lock the battery in place this is what they're using I ordered one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Battery-Anti-Loose-Buckle-Anti-Shedding-Lock-Clip-Holder-for-DJI-Spark-RC752/372282887044?epid=17018350803&hash=item56adca0b84:g:E1UAAOSwYLRblAL4:rk:1:pf:0
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:52:42 AM by highflyer »

Offline Flyingdeutschman

• Administrator
  • Multi rotors ROCK!
  • Awards: fpv pilotmultipilot goldrcaddictnazacriusmulticoptergoldscalehelihelipilotsilverwaverunner
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 10:27:21 AM »
I haven't messed with it too much. The weather hasn't been the greatest here and been busy building Hextor 6 which between work and that takes all my time.
I have not done anything with the camera as the videos have been good enough for me so far.

As far as the battery, There are a couple of guys at work that have sparks with one of them almost a year. nobody has any issues with the battery coming off in flight. I pull back to make sure it is clicked in all the way and it will not come off. Maybe the ones having problems with that are probably not locking them in all the way or the battery latches are defective.

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: KK2Heli Pilot SilverHelicopter SilverRC AddictMulti Pilot BronzeOld Farts ClubMulti Pilot Bronze
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 01:48:49 PM »
You guys got me looking at one of these now, maybe for Christmas. This is almost like the mass Walkera Ladybird infestation we all had a few years ago, it spreads like an epidemic.   :b0201: :b0201:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 01:53:51 PM by Bigal1951 »

Offline Flyingdeutschman

• Administrator
  • Multi rotors ROCK!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 02:46:12 PM »
You guys got me looking at one of these now, maybe for Christmas. This is almost like the mass Walkera Ladybird infestation we all had a few years ago, it spreads like an epidemic.   :b0201: :b0201:

:t2030:

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 10:19:48 PM »
I paid 449.00 for my fly more combo I now see they increased the price by 100.00  :t1933: the 449.00 I think is worth it. If you decide to get one make sure you get it from a DJI Authorized seller. I got mine off eBay with PayPal credit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Spark-Fly-More-Combo-Drone-Quadcopter-in-GREEN-FREE-16GB-MICROSD-CARD/302387355477?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

look in this sellers store they have them for 438.00 for the fly more package. this is a great seller with no BS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Spark-Fly-More-Combo-enhanced-bundle-Drone-White/302784045659?hash=item467f55e25b:g:dwYAAOSwwvtbMVfZ
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 11:03:56 PM by highflyer »

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 10:32:23 PM »
Thanks for the advice Jeff, will do. I've been on Youtube for the last 4 or 5 hours checking videos of the Spark.  :t2030: :t2030: :t2030:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 10:41:00 PM by Bigal1951 »

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 11:07:17 PM »
I haven't messed with it too much. The weather hasn't been the greatest here and been busy building Hextor 6 which between work and that takes all my time.
I have not done anything with the camera as the videos have been good enough for me so far.

As far as the battery, There are a couple of guys at work that have sparks with one of them almost a year. nobody has any issues with the battery coming off in flight. I pull back to make sure it is clicked in all the way and it will not come off. Maybe the ones having problems with that are probably not locking them in all the way or the battery latches are defective.
I didn't think of that I checked mine and seen that I didn't have it locked in right  :face-slap:

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2018, 11:13:06 PM »
Thanks for the advice Jeff, will do. I've been on Youtube for the last 4 or 5 hours checking videos of the Spark.  :t2030: :t2030: :t2030:
yeah I'm still watching YT videos on it.  :coolguy:

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2018, 12:37:10 AM »
yeah I'm still watching YT videos on it.  :coolguy:

The more I watch them the more I want one. They look cool as hell. It's amazing how far things have come.  :t2923: