Author Topic: I took the plunge too  (Read 3358 times)

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
  • I have become comfortably numb
  • Awards: KK2Heli Pilot SilverHelicopter SilverRC AddictMulti Pilot BronzeOld Farts ClubMulti Pilot Bronze
Re: I took the plunge too
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2019, 07:40:42 PM »
Here is a video showing my new Spark battery charger as well as my new batteries and battery terminal dust/moisture covers. I haven't had a chance to use the charger so I can't really speak to it's reliability but I will say that it sure feels like it's built well and the batteries slip on and off pretty easily. Once I've used it in real world I'll have a better idea. I might try to get out and fly it a bit this weekend.

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: KK2Heli Pilot SilverHelicopter SilverRC AddictMulti Pilot BronzeOld Farts ClubMulti Pilot Bronze
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2019, 07:59:35 PM »
Hey guys, do you see a big advantage to using a tablet over a smartphone? Is it mainly just the size of the screen or are there other advantages? I'm thinking about getting one if for nothing else than I won't be getting phone calls while I'm flying. I'm looking at a Samsung Galaxy tab A 10.0" screen.   :coolguy:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 08:01:34 PM by Bigal1951 »

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
  • Awards: FPV PilotRC AddictKK2 userMulticopter PilotScrap builds multisBuild helis
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2019, 04:39:21 AM »
I much prefer a tablet to a cell phone.  I like the better view on the larger screen.  I started out using an Nvidia Shield K1 and it does fine but in bright sunlight it is a little dim.  I use it now only as a spare.  I have an Ipad Pro 9.7 tablet that I like much better.  Not just because it is bigger and brighter but because IOS is much more user friendly for drone flights than Android.  Basically, you just fly with IOS and don't have to worry about closing other apps that might interfere.
"I'm learning to fly, around the clouds
But what goes up, must come down"
                                   Tom Petty

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2019, 09:40:33 AM »
Thanks Tom, kinda what I figured.   :t2030:

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • famous last words...hey Hold My Beer & Watch This.
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2019, 01:56:51 PM »
I'm using the iPad 9.7 and love it. I was looking at the iPad mini but the 9.7 was a lot cheaper. I still haven't flown my spark yet  :t2416: :t110011:

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2019, 07:36:41 PM »
Hey Jeff, winters coming.  :b0201: :b0201:

I think I am going to get this: Did you say you had a tablet holder you wanted to sell?

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-SM-T580-Reader-Bundle/dp/B07RBWRR9P/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Samsung+Galaxy+Tab+A&qid=1557790475&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 07:40:29 PM by Bigal1951 »

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: Casey JonesGround PounderHeli Pilot SilverPlanker Pilot SilvermulticoptersilverNazaMulti Pilot BronzeRC AddictOld Farts Club
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2019, 04:10:35 AM »
Hey Jeff, winters coming.  :b0201: :b0201:

I think I am going to get this: Did you say you had a tablet holder you wanted to sell?

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-SM-T580-Reader-Bundle/dp/B07RBWRR9P/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Samsung+Galaxy+Tab+A&qid=1557790475&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1
yes I have an extra holder, not for sale, but I'll give it to you FREE PM me with your address and I'll send it out. It snaps onto the controller body, not into the handle as the phone does. I'll look for it and take pictures of it and post it. like I said no charge for it.  :t2030:  on the tablet, it makes everything a lot easier to see/read.

jeff    :coolguy:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 04:21:51 AM by highflyer »

Offline Flyingdeutschman

• Administrator
  • Multi rotors ROCK!
  • Awards: fpv pilotmultipilot goldrcaddictnazacriusmulticoptergoldscalehelihelipilotsilverwaverunner
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2019, 02:10:54 PM »
I use the Ipad mini. I can see it very well with my tired old eyes and its not too big or bulky for the controller.

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2019, 03:14:25 AM »
That's the only thing I  worry about is the size of the tablet I'm getting but we'll see.

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2019, 12:59:07 AM »
Hi Al

here is the bracket I have ill send it out next week  :t2030: it mounts on the back of the controller.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 01:10:36 AM by highflyer »

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2019, 04:02:30 PM »
Cool Jeff, just got out of the hospital, got my tablet and started messing with  it.

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2019, 09:52:36 AM »
I could use that tablet mount if you aren't going to use it Jeff. I'll pay the shipping.   :t2030:

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2019, 12:17:43 AM »
Hi Al

PM me with your address and I'll send it out the first part of next week. I just put it on my remote to make sure it the right one. its a little hard to put on but it will fit great you'll need to put the top of the remote in first then pull down on the bracket hard til it snaps into the bottom of the remote.   

Jeff    :coolguy: 

Offline Bigal1951

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2019, 04:41:05 PM »
Hey Jeff, I sent you my address a few weeks ago .

Offline highflyer

• Forum Zombies
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2019, 12:09:37 PM »
Hey Al

let me know when you get that tablet holder and how you like it  :t2030:

Jeff     :coolguy: