Author Topic: Here is the New HK KK2.1 FC Board  (Read 20286 times)

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
  • Awards: FPV PilotRC AddictKK2 userMulticopter PilotScrap builds multisBuild helis
Re: Here is the New HK KK2.1 FC Board
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2014, 08:00:13 PM »
Hmmm..............am I the only one here who uses RC911's firmware?  Maybe I need to regroup and try Steveis, but it sure does work well for me so far.
"I'm learning to fly, around the clouds
But what goes up, must come down"
                                   Tom Petty

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2014, 09:16:21 PM »
 :b0201: Tom,
If you read thru some of the Steveis strings, RC911 helped him with a few of the bugs, so I don't think it's such a bad at all. I haven't even checked out RC911, but will now.

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
  • Awards: FPV PilotRC AddictKK2 userMulticopter PilotScrap builds multisBuild helis
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2014, 08:35:50 PM »
Did any of you guys looks at the short video comparison I did a few posts back?  I'm still not sure I can tell the difference, but to be fair RC911's 1.6++ firmware versions are light years better than stock for the KK2.0, so maybe the improvements in the new controller aren't so evident because the firmware I'm using was already so good.  Just curious about what you guys have experienced and are thinking.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:09:05 PM by boykintom »
                                   Tom Petty

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
  • Men and Their Flying Machines Somewhere Over OZ
  • Awards: On the Fly News Guy450 Fixed PitchMulticopterHelicopterRC AddictHeli PilotOld FartKK2Multicopter
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2014, 08:46:41 PM »
Hi Tom, I did see the video and to me there doesn't seem to be a big difference. I am running one KK2.5 on one bird with the Steveis 17s pro firmware, but believe it or not I am really liking the OpenPilot CC3D board so much better right out of the box, I had very little programming to do. I will probably jump up to the 19s soon, but nothing right now.

:freeze:   ***Ice***

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2014, 09:42:20 PM »
Sorry . I haven't had enough time to even test out the 1.9 pro FW I flashed last week  :t2970:

Offline boykintom

• Multirotor Expert
    • Hughes Aerial Imagery
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2014, 05:29:59 AM »
Hi Tom, I did see the video and to me there doesn't seem to be a big difference. I am running one KK2.5 on one bird with the Steveis 17s pro firmware, but believe it or not I am really liking the OpenPilot CC3D board so much better right out of the box, I had very little programming to do. I will probably jump up to the 19s soon, but nothing right now.

:freeze:   ***Ice***
Hey Ice,

Have you posted anything on the CC3D board?  I was interested in that a while back, but haven't taken the time to do anything about it.  Work and other interests have seriously intervened here lately.
                                   Tom Petty

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
  • Men and Their Flying Machines Somewhere Over OZ
  • Awards: On the Fly News Guy450 Fixed PitchMulticopterHelicopterRC AddictHeli PilotOld FartKK2Multicopter
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2015, 09:00:45 PM »
Sorry on this one, haven't been following these firmware upgrades for the KK2.1 F/C

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2060802#post26968569

:freeze:    ****Ice****

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline sdodd

• Awards: Multi bronzeSleeps with the fish
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2015, 03:26:16 AM »
Ice,

I haven't tried Steveis firmware.  Do you know if it will allow S/L mixing and different setup profiles?  Those are some of the things I really like about RC911's firmware, especially the later versions.  BTW, you can find him here: http://www.multikopter.co.uk/forum/user/3108-rc911/

Tom

Well I am a novice but I just bought a HK KK2 and flashed it to steveis 19.  I believe t does allow profiles. 

S
_______
It only has six brushless motors, six ESCs, whirling propellers, batteries, computer, barometer, gyroscopes, GPS and a radios ... what could possibly go wrong?