Author Topic: KK2.0 and Cold Weather Flying  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Skysurfer

• Video King
  • Multirotor Pilot
  • Be Blessed
  • Awards: Heli Pilot silverHeli  bronzeKk2 userMulticopter PilotMulticopter
KK2.0 and Cold Weather Flying
« on: February 14, 2014, 09:50:58 PM »
Wondering about the KK2.0 and flying in cold weather any pointers let me hear your experiences.
John 3:16

Offline Davesheli

• It's all about the Multi's..
  • Administrator
  • I Love flying my Hedge Hog, I mean Quad...
    • DavesHeli YouTube Channel
  • Awards: Multi builder Multi Pilot GoldKk2 userHelicopter PilotQuad Pilot
Re: KK2.0 and Cold Weather Flying
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 10:25:14 PM »
YES!!!!   :b0201: :b0201: :b0201:  I made a post about it a while back...  :b0206:

OK, Just make sure you take it out and let the KK2 adjust to the cold for about 10-15 minutes before plugging it up and flying.. If you don't then the gyro can go crazy and it will be stupid hard to handle..   Here is a video in 44 degree weatehr with winds ONLY a@ 8 MPH, Should have been cake walk... If you notice it did great for about the 1st minute then at about 1:20 it went to  :b0209: 

So, I have flown in colder with no problems (other then me lol), so just make sure you let the gyro adjust to teh temp....  :turkey:

:coolguy:

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
  • Men and Their Flying Machines Somewhere Over OZ
  • Awards: On the Fly News Guy450 Fixed PitchMulticopterHelicopterRC AddictHeli PilotOld FartKK2Multicopter
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 10:20:47 AM »
I think with any flight controller you have to get it acclimated to temperature before flying. Usually 5-10 minutes and they are good to go. When I do testing in a cold garage, i have to wait until shes at temperature before I plug her in.  :t110007:

:freeze:   Ice

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 10:33:24 AM »
Well I was bored this morning...

Sorry for everything being out of frame, but it proves the point. Dave has his at the 40 range, this one is at the 20 mark. As has already been stated, I left the hex and the TX on the porch for about 15 minutes before flight.

r

Offline Skysurfer

• Video King
  • Multirotor Pilot
  • Be Blessed
  • Awards: Heli Pilot silverHeli  bronzeKk2 userMulticopter PilotMulticopter
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 08:47:54 AM »
Thanks for the videos and pointers guys, looks like I will be flying in the snow right after this build !!!
I was not sure but after seeing and hearing about it looks like it's worth a try! Don't have to worry about a snow crash either (lol) as the frame will keep everything safe from getting wet. You all will have to check this frame out! You might like to have one for snow flying yourselves. Keep your skills sharpened throughout the winter months! :b0206:
John 3:16