Author Topic: New Camera  (Read 1258 times)

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
  • Men and Their Flying Machines Somewhere Over OZ
  • Awards: On the Fly News Guy450 Fixed PitchMulticopterHelicopterRC AddictHeli PilotOld FartKK2Multicopter
New Camera
« on: March 23, 2014, 07:11:25 PM »
I wrote a bit about this new camera in Hobby News, but wanted to add this to this thread because I felt it was worth the blurb.

A company called Dimika has come up with a mini 1080dp camera for video recording that caught my eye. Seems like a nice camera and for the money the video quality is amazing. The nice thing about this camera ist really charge, load and record. No programming, just do what its designed to do. It probably will give Mobius a run for its money. But i'll let you guys be the judge, check it out here:

http://dimikacamera.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=63

Let me know what you think, I've got some feelers out on a couple of people that just purchased this little camera and will give me a review after they get it.

:freeze:  ***Ice***

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
Re: New Camera
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 11:08:01 AM »
Looks very promising - especially at that price.

Thanks for posting.

Offline WildBird22

• RC Addict
  • Awards: Helicopter GoldHeli Pilot GoldScale heli
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 03:31:15 PM »
I actually thought about something like this years ago........I just didn't have the resources to market it, but I'm glad somebody did!

https://soloshot.com/

Offline Rumblecloud

• Administrator
  • Thanks for joining
    • Rumblecloud Website
  • Awards: Crotchety Old FartHeli Pilot SilverBenefactorFPV PilotNAZAMultiSilverGlider Pilot
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 03:40:06 PM »
 :t2036:

A head tracker for your camera  :headslap: Why didn't I think of that.

Only thing you have to worry about is someone  :face-slap: making off with your toy  :b0201:

Offline jbrumberg

• Forum Zombies
  • Awards: SleepswithfishMulti Pilotoldfart
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 09:21:45 PM »
Icecycler- This is a very interesting video camera that definitely appears to be competitive with the Mobius at face value.  I definitely liked what I saw in some of those videos available in the link that you provided.  I really need to do some kind of spreadsheet comparison between these two, but my initial impression was very positive.

Thank you for this information and the link.

I foresee a an upgrade from my 808 at some point.  I could always use the 808 for a hat cam  :cool:

Offline Flyingdeutschman

• Administrator
  • Multi rotors ROCK!
  • Awards: fpv pilotmultipilot goldrcaddictnazacriusmulticoptergoldscalehelihelipilotsilverwaverunner
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 09:51:34 PM »
I don't know, but I really like the program abilities of the Mobius vs this one.
 Being able to use the Mobius for FPV and a recorder at the same time make it tops in my book.
 Being able to stop/start recording on the fly is a big asset to it also.
The only way that I will replace the Mobius would be if they came out with one that you can zoom in on the fly.  Other than that I'm sticking with the Mobius.

Mark

Offline icecycler

• "On-the-fly-NewsGuy"
  • Administrator
  • Men and Their Flying Machines Somewhere Over OZ
  • Awards: On the Fly News Guy450 Fixed PitchMulticopterHelicopterRC AddictHeli PilotOld FartKK2Multicopter
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 10:06:02 PM »
I haven't gotten any feedback regarding this camera as of yet. The Mobius is tried and true, and a lot of us use them. My vote would be go with the one that works. Mobius hands down right now.
Hope this helps!!!

:coolguy:  ***Ice***

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!